View Poll Results: Do you regret upgrading to OS3.1?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big regret - my phone is NOT jailbroken.

18 18.75%
  • Big regret - my phone is jailbroken

5 5.21%
  • No regret - my phone is NOT jailbroken

3 3.13%
  • No regret - my phone is mailbroken

17 17.71%
  • I have not upgraded

53 55.21%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do you regret upgrading to 3.1?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Do you regret upgrading to 3.1?
    It seems that many are experiencing problems after upgrading to 3.1. Some have been advised by Apple to downgrade back to OS3.0 in order to solve their problems.

Have you upgraded? If so, was it on a jailbroken phone? I wonder if JB makes a difference to the degree of problems.

Or are you like me, who are still reading and waiting before taking the plunge?

I'm on a jailbroken iPhone 2G and have no problems except that I cannot use the MMS patch to get that working... It'd be nice if there was a tab for that :P

All of my mail get sent to my own server running exchange 2007, so.... push is working very well.
    Hexxus
    Some see things as they are and ask why, I see things that have not been and ask why not?

I'm on 3.1 with my 3g. The only thing I dont like about 3.1 is how it disabled my tethering. Otherwise, i see no difference in 3.1 from 3.0.1.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I haven't upgraded it as I see no benefit to doing so. I already have MMS working on 3.01, and the other little features don't concern me much.

Thanks

I actually like the upgrade, I own a iphone 3GS upgrade went as planned.. Phone seems to be working faster now then before when it was running 3.0.1 JB.

Regards,
    Atari.2600

Thanks

Im on a 3G on 3.0.1 and like you I'm waiting to take the plunge, Ive heard people are having problems with winterboard and cydia, as well as its killing their battery life and thats just not something I can afford to loose anymore of haha

iPhone? More like MyPhone rugbrn's Avatar
    Thanks

I upgraded and jailbroke an haven't had a problem since.. I feel like it actually runs better than 3.0...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

My 2g and 3gs are both on 3.0 heh..... no regrets.

Thanks

I'm on jailbroken 3.1 on my 3g and it sucks balls!! There really is no difference in 3.0 then 3.1... well besides having videos show up in your photos.app. But now my phone has the whole problem with freezing and non-responsive at *random* times. Apparently its an issue with JB 3.1 . Yesterday alone my phone froze at least 5 times until reboot. If this continues I might just end up downgrading

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

No way ever since I upgraded my battery has been amazing

Im on 3.0.1 JB and am waiting until 3.1 JB comes for the 3G S. But with all the battery problems I've been hearing, might just wait. Don't know if I'll use MMS enough to constitute losing the battery life

Thanks

Up to this point, 75% of those who upgraded regret not staying with 3.0. Only 25% says they don't regret it. Let's hope we have a bigger sample size by having more of you voting.

I prefer waiting it out. I'm on 3.0.1

I just left the apple store where there were 4 different people there, who knew nothing about jailbreaking by the way, complaining about how the 3.1 update messed up their phones..
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

i decided to wait it out until some of the problems and been sorted out. actually the only problem that is really making me not upgrade is the freezing thing and the screen randomly not working.

so i wait.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an IPhone 3G and it was JB and working great with my GSM carrier it got updated to 3.1 and it also got my BaseBand to 05.11.17 and bootloader to 05.09 and now it doesnt work so i have a nice ipod touch until i figure if theres something that can be done, anybody has a clue or im stuck on it. Thank you !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm generally confused why anyone in their right mind would take a perfectly jailbroken iPhone and rush to upgrade for MINOR MINOR feature upgrades. It's just beyond me why people waste their time for absolutely no feasible benefit. Why I see a bunch of 3GS users wining about the 3.1 jailbreak not out yet is ridiculous.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So nothing to do now but wait for an unlock solution.

Im not so happy about upgrading to 3.1. The biggest problem for me is that i cant jailbreak my phone. As far as i know. I'm waiting for there to be a way for me to jailbreak it so i can get off of the boring default iPhone style. I'm not sure if there is a way to downgrade either. If anyone can help with any of these problems id appreciate it...

I voted "No regret - my phone is mailbroken" even though I don't know what mailbreaking is...

My phone is faster, my WiFi now works as well as it did with 2.xx and I like being able to rearrange my icons in iTunes.

@Efaeth - sell it. It's not going to happen
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast