Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just a quick question out there

Thanks

Default Just a quick question out there
    Alright,

So as some of you may know, I have a iPhone 2G 8GB unlocked. My friend has a iPhone 3G that i unlocked for him Etc..

Well anyhow, My battery doesn't even last me my whole day at High School unless I turn it off, Which I still only get like 3 hours of battery life with it on standby.

I paid $75 for the thing, and my friend said that if I trade him my iPhone and $75, He'll give me his 3G (Working battery).

Do you think it's worth it? I'm making the final call tommorrow wether im interested or not, And im wondering what you guys think.

Also 2 more questions if could be answered..

I have a 2G dock and i was wondering if the 3G can fit in there

Would my incase case fit on the new 3G? It's not the slider, just the like wrap around one.

Please help!

Thanks guys!
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Sounds like a good deal at a total cost of $150.00 you couldn't buy a 3g that cheap anywhere.
    Your charging dock will not work, different shape of phone.
    Your case may work, may being the key word. If it is a soft type case it might.

I think it's well worth it, especially if you have 3G coverage wherever you are. Take a look at what 3G's are selling for on ebay.

And wow, you guys can bring cellphones to school?? It was severely against the rules back in my day! haha

Thanks

Incase Product

That's the case I have, Just wanting a better battery life.. I need something that will last, I love my 2G, but the battery is not good, and the wifi is not even close to as good as my iTouch 2G. I'm wondering if my battery would be better in the iphone if i downgraded to 2.2.1....
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

The case looks like a silicone type case, it may work.
    As far as battery life, it could be many things including that the battery is going bad, you restored from a back-up in iTunes and caused a conflict. Just could be a number of things really although I haven't heard of many issues with the 2g phone because of 3.0 firmware.

Lol stop texting in class. But yeah try to restoring first.
    If I helped thank me!