Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0.1 incoming calls and messages issue

Default iPhone 3.0.1 incoming calls and messages issue
    Hi all,

I have an officially unlocked iPhone in Kuwait that I jailbroke using reds0w and have been using for almost a year now

I have expereinced some problem with incoming calls and SMS before(not receiving them) when on the internet on my iPhone (regardless of using 3G or Edge) but i would still get missed call notifications and my sms after a short delay.

After upgrading to FW 3.0 I have realized that now most of the time, calls are being blocked (many people tell me that they have tried to call by my mobile is switched off). I also do not recieve SMS, it's like my mobile is blocked or caught in a bottle neck, and then all of a sudden I get all my messages at once.

It is not my sim or service provider as I have a friend who has the same problem from a different provider.

After doing some research I have switched off 3G and push, however it still has the same issue from time to time. My friend has cancelled his mobile internet and only uses his iphone for calls and sms and still has the issue.

Does anyone know if this is a bug? is it FW? is there a solution? this could be a reason I should move from iPhone although I love it.

Do you have 3G reception all the time (I would turn 3G on not off)
    Try upgrading to 3.1 and seeing if that helps (you need pwnage to JB)
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

confucious, thanks for the advise, I have tried both with and without 3G on. I have also switched off my email push, and trying now, so far i have only experienced this issue once during the past 24 hours, I will continue to monitor, I will not upgrade to 3.1 for now after the coma issue announced toda.
    any other feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks