Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sms problem.. :(

Default sms problem.. :(
    I have a 3G jailbroken with 3.0 firmware, and normally the SMS work fine, but it was after I did something that now my SMS keeps crashing...
    All I can recall that might affect is that I did the language packs deletion and deleted everything but english.
    What happens in the msgs is when im typing and want to change a word, say hold my finger in the words bar and bring that magnifying glass up, my sms just freezes. And the only way I can use the sms app again is if I kill the process in MemTool.
    So can anyone think of anything I can do or if it was the language packs that affected this?

but if you do not use the magnifier your sms app works fine? that's really strange.
    Does the magnifier work in other apps? If so, that even stranger.
    Don't really have a solution for you except for a restore, sorry.

How did you delete the language packs? If you did it manually you probably deleted something you shouldn't.
    I just ran the script and mine works fine.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Manually.....I dont understand the script at all.
    Like Im not bad with computers, im quite decent and I made sure to be
    VERY careful.
    Is there any way I can check possibly? Like what folder?
    People on this forum have told me that deleteing the lang packs
    can mess up ur phone and Ive done it before and it worked fine
    I only had to restore my phone in the past b/c of another problem.

Deleting the correct files, which the script does, does not mess up your phone. Deleting an incorrect file (which is very easy to do if you do it manually) does.

Restore your phone and run the script.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

How would u go about running the script? I dont get how to use it...
    And is there any way u can maybe look in ur messages folder because I did and all the engl.proj are there... I just dont want to restore but if I have to I will lol.

it's unlikely it's related to the language files. deleting the wrong language file could cause the app to not start at all, but it couldn't cause that the app only crashes when you use the magnifier.

When I did it manually my phone wouldn't boot at all. It is very esy to delete completely the wrong file.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    When I did it manually my phone wouldn't boot at all. It is very esy to delete completely the wrong file.
    the phone won't boot at all is something else than an app crashing when you use the magnifier. the phone not booting at all can easily be caused by deleting the language packs, the magnifier can't in my opinion. but it doesn't matter, a restore should fix in any case.

Deleting the language packs wasn't the problem, I had deleted a file that wasn't one of the language files, it's quite easily done, and that could affect other things.
    But, as you say, a restore will fix.

Yeah Ill probably do a restore then later....dont want to go through it again but I will haha.
    I just dont get why sms crashes with magnifier.
    But so how do you run the script then? I dont get that at all.