Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems after Pwnage 3.1

Default Problems after Pwnage 3.1
    Pwnaged my iPhone 2G last night and only installed Cydia and Open SSH. Cydia keeps crashing to springboard and open ssh won't connect. After much trying I re-Pwnaged it again. Same issue. I've checked all the folders concerned as iPhonebrowser still works. Both lists are empty. Anybody any ideas. I really miss my Cydia store. No SBSettings etc. Can you help a bro out. Please?

did you pwn the phone via pwnagetool or redsn0w? if you did it via redsn0w, did you restore before you re-did it?

anyway, if a restore+redsn0w doesn't solve it I would be really surprised. if it really doesn't work, try pwnagetool, that should do the trick in any case.

I used the latest Pwnage tool 3.1 released yesterday by the devs. I've had no problems before. I can't even install deb files because ssh won't work

Quote Originally Posted by chriggis View Post
    I used the latest Pwnage tool 3.1 released yesterday by the devs. I've had no problems before. I can't even install deb files because ssh won't work
    you sure you restored and didn't update?
    sounds strange to me. but since you have a 2G, you might as well try restoring to official 3.1 and then using redsn0w.
    or maybe your custom IPSW was somehow damaged, you can create a new one and try again

Definitely restored (Option+ Restore)
    Created Pwnage Custom firmware twice.
    Cydia crashing to springboard every time.
    Open SSH no joy. Can you manually replace
    cydia using iphone browser?

Default same here !!!
    i have the same problem on my 2G iphone . I restored and used pwnage tool 3.1 but cydia keeps crashing
    any ideas ?
    can i install appsync from icy ?
    please help

try using clear cydia bro..second option is to ssh your phone go to var/lib/apt/list...delete all files EXCEPT PARTIAL...exit ssh..lauch cydia and wait for it to update..add ur sources and reinstall whatever you installed before..

Quote Originally Posted by myke_415frisko View Post
    try using clear cydia bro..second option is to ssh your phone go to var/lib/apt/list...delete all files EXCEPT PARTIAL...exit ssh..lauch cydia and wait for it to update..add ur sources and reinstall whatever you installed before..
    Got exactly the same. 2G iphone. And btw OpenSSH doesn't work. So Myke;s suggestion doesn't help.

I read a TON of crap about solving Cydia problems after Pwnage 3.1 by deleting files in the iPhone via SSH, etc etc.. IT'S BULL!

TO resolve your cydia problems after 3.1 upgrade make sure you do everything in the right order:
    (aptbackup if you want)
    1)itunes backup
    2)Pwnage 3.1
    (THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART)
    3)GET YOUR iPhone ONLINE and "Update Essentials" in Cydia. DO NOT DO THE iTunes restore from backup YET!
    4)NOW and only now, you are safe to restore your iPhone with the iTunes backup (getting your contacts, texts and photos back on your iPhone)
    (Then you can go into Cydia, DL aptbackup and restore all your Cydia apps)

TRUST ME I Pwn'ed my 2G iPhone 4 times until i finally got it right...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have a 2G iphone running on 3.1 FW. Today after after doing a hard re-set, my phone is stuck with the apple logo trying to start. Does anybody know how to fix it? It is my only phone. Please help!!!

cydia will not open, it crashes back to the springboard

Before you tried to update and jailbrake it did you restore to a clean legit 3.1 (non jailbroken) and restore as a new phone?

If not, do that. Restore to a new phone

then pwn 3.1 it again