Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can you rerun redsn0w ti fix cydia? without screwing up a 3gs

Default can you rerun redsn0w ti fix cydia? without screwing up a 3gs
    My cdia lost all sources and will not let me add new ones in. Can I re run rensnow to add it back without messing up my phone and all the stuff on it?

Thanks

Yep, should work fine.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldnt risk it... and just wait for a Jailbreak
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

yes bro..you can rerun redsnow.thats what happened when i had an errow package on cydia..all my sources were gone so i ran rednow again.

well I ran redsn0w again on my 3gs a few times. It did not mess up the phone at all. It also did not fix my cydia problem. Now when I choose hacker and command line on the opening screen it just crashes and closes

myke- so after redoing redsnow does your cydia work correct?

lets just leave your hacker and command for now..so when you open your cydia does it crash?if it stil crashes try using clear cydia bro..second option is to ssh your phone go to var/lib/apt/list...delete all files EXCEPT PARTIAL...exit ssh..lauch cydia and wait for it to update..add ur sources and reinstall whatever you installed before..

ps..actually it also didnt work.its crashed but when i did the ssh and deleted the file that is in list folder EXCEPT PARTIAL..closed ssh and open cydia..it worked..just wait a few a minutes after you open cydia and it will update.after that i added back all my sources...btw im also running on 3gs 3.0.1..

if clear cydia doesnt work..use the second option that i told u..for me i didnt use clear cydia..hey hope that will help..
    Last edited by myke_415frisko; 2009-09-17 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to myke_415frisko For This Useful Post:

imbuggin (2009-09-17)

myke you my friend are and F_ING rockstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! been trying for 2 days to get it to work. deleted all the file you suggested and BINGO..YOU ARE THE MAN!!

your welcome bro..glad i helped you out.