Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is this possible?

Default is this possible?
    hi, i like the ringtone located at ModMyi.com | GTA Ringtone

the problem is that it needs winterboard and i can't install the ringtone without winterboard installing itself as well. i really hate winterboard because it slows everything down for me.

is there a way to "transform" this ringtone into the kind that doesn't need winterboard? if you browse the ringtone section in cydia you'll see that there are 2 types of ringtone there: the kind that needs winterboard, and the kind that just installs by itself. i'd like to have this ringtone as the kind that doesn't need winterboard. how do i do that?

thanks.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

download it ssh into it and get the audio out of the theme and put it where the ringones are then reboot your iphone then jsut go into cydia and uninstall botht he packages

3. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

stonyboys (2009-09-20)

Ok where is it located and how do I get the audio out?

Thanks

alright so when you download it ssh into var/stash/themes.xxxxx(the x's are numbers and letters)/the theme with the ringtone i'm sure you'll find it/ and it'll be in some folders in there then just drag it onto your computer and then ssh to w here you normaly ssh ringtones and put it in there

if you don't know where that is it's/var/stash/ringtones.xxxx just drag and drop it in there then reboot your iphone then it should be in your s ystem audio ringtones and you can select it

if not that way then youc an always open it in garage band and send it to itunes as a ringtone

6. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

stonyboys (2009-09-20)

Ok I'm gonna try that tomorrow but I gotta sleep for now haha. Does this also allow me to use it as an alarm

9. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

stonyboys (2009-09-20)

ah iphonebrowser is being a *****. does it not work touch 2Gs anymore?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

stonyboys (2009-09-20)

ok one last question: when if i'm on a touch 2G does /var/stash/ringtones.xxxx exist? if not, how do i put this thing as an alarm on my touch?

Thanks

it shoudl still be the same path go to var/stash/rintones.xxxxxx/ put the .m4r file here or whatever it has to be

one thing i am not sure if var/stash is there without winterbaord i don't know if winterboard jsut addes the themes.xxxx in there but i don't know also try library/ringtones/ if it's really not there then i don't ko w i cna try to find another way to get to the ipod touches alarms but my dad has his on vacation right now i'll try tomorrow night

16. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

stonyboys (2009-09-20)

it worked, now i have my alarm and a faster ipod. thanks man youre effin great. thanking all your posts.

Thanks

awesome i'm glad it worked thanks for all the thanks hit me up if you need any more help on anything

19. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

stonyboys (2009-09-22)