Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WooooW Really iTunes?!?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default WooooW Really iTunes?!?
    So I was throwing some apps on my 32 GB iPhone and immediately after something went horribly wrong. Basically iTunes showed my iPhone as having 25 GBs of space taken up by "other". Right after that, all my music was gone from my iPhone and then I noticed more space was becoming available on my iPhone as iTunes was deleting it. I made sure "Manually Manage Music/Video" was checked, but this still happened. What gives?!? Has anything weird like this happened to anyone else?
    It wouldn't have been a problem but a majority of my music came from a friends computer.

you can't copy stuff onto the iphone from multiple computers afaik (I never tried manual managment, but I think it doesn't work), so that's probably your problem. the iphone isn't recognizing the music anymore and then labels it as "other" ...
    if you really need your friends music you need to have it in your itunes first.

Your phone becomes associated with the first itunes library it comes in contact with. You should have seen a popup warning in itunes when you hooked it up to your computer about it (associated with another library, delete and reassociate or some such crap). If you make any changes to it on your computer, it will then update itself to reflect the itunes library on your computer. In order to do that, it deletes itself, then repopulates with the contents of what you told it to sync with in t the new library. Pretty standard behavior.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How to Sync iPhone with multiple computers

That wasn't at all the problem, it deleted ALL my music and videos as well as all the movies/music I've put on from my computer. I've been synching between multiple computers since I bought my iPhone so I know it wasn't what caused the issue. The weird thing is I kept powercycling my iphone to see if it would fix and every time I would reconnect it to my computer, more of the "other" would become deleted.

Also, I've always manually managed my music. Forgot to mention that my ringtones had also been cleared out, and iirc this all happened after I tried to transfer purchases from my iPhone, or selected it under the File menu.
    Last edited by Jal050688; 2009-09-15 at 04:00 AM.