Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi Problems

Default Wifi Problems
    My iphone wont even show that there are any wifi networks around. I didnt drop it, it worked after i upgraded to 3.1. It just randomly stopped working. I tried the normal shut down, the soft reset. The hard reset. Completely Restored and backed up to old files ( will this effect anything or what? )

Is there anything else i can try before i drive out 45 minutes to an apple store. Make an appointment, leave, and come back again, wasting a couple hours.

Thanks

Try; SETTINGS / GENERAL / NETWORK / RESET

The restore + backup --- puts back any screwed up Network Settings
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

still nothing showing up.

Me too. Stopped working sometime between Saturday and Sunday. I have tried everything short of a restore. I am still running 3.0 so it appears to be independant of firmware. Mine sometimes will connect for a few seconds then drop connection. Sometimes it can't see the ssid at all.

-J

Well, I tried a restore to 3.0.1 this morning, and that didn't help. So I took it to the Genius Bar, and they were baffled. As a last ditch effort they wanted to restore it to 3.1, but I said no because I use exchange. They gave me a replacement 3g with 3.0.1, and tried to put 3.1 on my orig phone. That also did not help it. Seems like this is a hardware issue.

-J
    Last edited by miatawnt2b; 2009-09-15 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah that is a temporary fix and by temporary I mean like for 30 seconds. I have tried every tip in the forums. The only solution seems to be falling into apples trap and buying THEIR airport station. **** Apple! My New 3G S is soon to become target practice.

Quote Originally Posted by miatawnt2b View Post
    Me too. Stopped working sometime between Saturday and Sunday. I have tried everything short of a restore. I am still running 3.0 so it appears to be independant of firmware. Mine sometimes will connect for a few seconds then drop connection. Sometimes it can't see the ssid at all.

-J

Well, I tried a restore to 3.0.1 this morning, and that didn't help. So I took it to the Genius Bar, and they were baffled. As a last ditch effort they wanted to restore it to 3.1, but I said no because I use exchange. They gave me a replacement 3g with 3.0.1, and tried to put 3.1 on my orig phone. That also did not help it. Seems like this is a hardware issue.

-J
    It's either a specific 3G S problem or a Firmware Issue. I think its a firmware issue specific to the 3G S. I have had an original 2g iphone that worked fine on the new firmware. My friends original 3G's work fine on the firmware too but my 3G S (which is my second because the first one had the same wifi problems) still wont work. Sure it works FAN ******* TASTIC at the Apple store, but on any other network...forget it. It's frustrating beyond belief, especially since Apple REFUSES to acknowledge the issue and refuses to fix it. I guess if you don't acknowledge it, it doesn't exist?

Sad really. I have been an Apple fan my whole life but now, well...they are just making me hate them. I wish there was a third choice in the computer world!
    Last edited by seandiego; 2009-09-25 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Winning a fight on the internet is like winning a medal in the Special Olympics.
    At the end of the day, you're still a retard.

well i went to the apple store. They went through everything, i told them i reset it and everything. So they decided to replace it. ****THIS PART MAKES ME LIKE APPLE OR ATLEAST THE PEOPLE AT MY APPLE STORE**** They looked at my water indicator strips, the headphone one was a little dirty but still white and my charging one was red. So the guy was like, i cant do anything your warranty is voided blah blah blah. I told him i didnt know how it happened, put on my saddest face ( no quivering lip, more like depressed ( note** i dropped the top part of my phone in a small cup of water so id figure the top indicator would be tripped, not the bottom one ) ) so he decided to replace it for me.

Then, i went to buy more screen protectors, and the person who rung me up put it on for me perfectly and taught me how to do it so i get no air bubbles.