Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: battery issue

Default battery issue
    My friend just got his iphone 3gs and got a serious problem in his iphone battery...
    he did a jailbreak with redsn0w 0.8 to either 3.0 and 3.0.1 and installed AppSync 3.0 only.

When he charged till 100% and sleep, after 8 hours, he realized that his iphone has drop till 30%
    After that, he turn his phone to Flight Mode or took out his sim card, 100% -> 97%
    Yesterday, he restored to 3.1, 100% -> 99%
    (BTW he do turned off Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/etc...)

Is that the jailbreak problem? or AppSync? or 3.1 do fixed this problem?? or sim card problem??

I do lots research but seem no related thread? hope pros may solve this, thanks for advance...

im actually having a similar problem. i used redsn0w and tried everything. the only difference is im running 3.0

no buddys can help?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I have noticed that none of my apps are quitting when I exit out of them(mail,ipod,safari,etc) so I use SBsettings Process killer to stop them. My phone's battery life last great now.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I have noticed that none of my apps are quitting when I exit out of them(mail,ipod,safari,etc) so I use SBsettings Process killer to stop them. My phone's battery life last great now.
    mail, ipod, safari and phone are not supposed to exit, they are supposed to run in the background. you actualy shouldn't kill them.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Why wouldn't you kill them if you aren't using them? I can't force quit apps anymore due to the Voice Command functionality added to the 3GS.

I have a 3GS and ever since my most previous jailbreak, my battery hasnt been lasting. Today im at 76% with 32 minutes usage (2 of those talking), 8 hours standby and less than 400KB sent and received. (obviously your situation is worse)

My previous jailbreak, to this exact phone on 3.0, i was doing good. Since i went to 3.0.1 its been worse. Hopefully 3.1 will help. I'll know when the jailbreak is out though it may not be firmware related?.?.?...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Why wouldn't you kill them if you aren't using them? I can't force quit apps anymore due to the Voice Command functionality added to the 3GS.
    because it doesn't do anything. mail and phone just restart themselves immediatly.
    safari ... well, it just gives you some extra RAM which on a 3GS shouldn't matter and ipod just gives you some extra RAM as well but kills your currently playing playlist and the skip/placounts since your last sync ...
    it doesn't improve your phones performance or anything. as I said, those are designed to run in the background. I still wonder why safari runs in the background, but as long as you don't need the extra RAM it doesn't really matter

discuss about my topic plsssssssssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by ahlee2326 View Post
    discuss about my topic plsssssssssssssss
    lol I'm sorry.
    all I can tell you is that ever since 3.0 numerous people have battery issues (including myself). Here is some general advice:

1) restore and see if it helps
    2) when you restore, select "set up as new phone", not "restore from backup" in itunes
    3) turn of push, mail-push, mail-fetch, bluetooth, wifi, location services, 3G and see if that helps anything
    4) have a look at your usage statistics (settings > general > usage). if your usage increases even though you are not using the phone, some app is running in the background. a reboot should fix that

that's all I can tell you right now. I havn't found a real solution for myself yet.

hey..my batt seems to be really good..i get 9 hrs of standy and still at 100%...heres what i did..drained the phone til it dies for 3 times..thats basically 3 cycle..and oh yea reboot your phone once in awhile

battery is good, but once i insert my sim card the battery drain damn fast and phone is extremely hot...