Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Camera not working after Deleting and recreating 999APPLE folder

Default Camera not working after Deleting and recreating 999APPLE folder
    i wanted to delete the pics on my iphone, so i deleted the 999APPLE folder via SSH (var/mobile/media/DCIM/999APPLE). i then recreated a new folder with same name thinking it would suffice, but now when i go to album in camera, it shows me a white screen with a grey camera pic and says "No Photos or Videos"..... you can take photos or videos using the camera".

when i take pics, they all come out black, but dont save on the phone. anyone have any idea how to fix it without restoring phone or redownloading 3.0 software? (i dont want 3.1)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That's because the camera roll is supposed to be "100APPLE" not 999APPLE. You probably had swap camera roll at one time.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The other problem if you recreate the folder structure that everyone forgets is PERMISSIONS.

Just reset your permissions (if you have the correct folder structure as stated above) and you should be fine.

i used diskaid...how would i go about resetting the permissions? thanks for the help btw

actually, found another thread where a guy said he completely deleted the two folders and when taking a picture the iphone would recreated 100apple automatically, and it worked....

thanks again guys
    Last edited by iPh0wned; 2009-09-13 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iPh0wned For This Useful Post:

evilp8ntballer7 (2009-09-14)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Good! Glad to hear you fixed it.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.