Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3,1 update does anyone elses phone do this?

Default 3,1 update does anyone elses phone do this?
    my phone just randomly turns off or goes into some weird mode.. where it wont start up the screen stays black and i have to hold the home and sleep button for it to restart

strange. are you using a 3G? there are numerous reported problems with 3.1 and the iphone 3G. if a restore to 3.1 doesn't fix it, restore to 3.0.1 and hope for 3.2

yea i have a 3g but theres a few threads saying that i cant downgrade? or is that only for the 3gs?

and i upgraded.. then i restored to 3.1 and its acting like this.. so idk

Quote Originally Posted by tonester1 View Post
    yea i have a 3g but theres a few threads saying that i cant downgrade? or is that only for the 3gs?

and i upgraded.. then i restored to 3.1 and its acting like this.. so idk
    the 3GS can't be downgraded, the 3G can. like I said, you should try another restore (not upgrade!) in itunes and - if possible - set your phone up as "a new phone" and not "restore from backup" if iTunes asks you to (you will lose contacts, texts, calender entries, notes, app savedata etc., so be careful!). if that doesn't solve the problem go back to 3.0.1 and see if that helps

damnn dont really wanna do that but i guess i have to..

ill be back with the verdict lol

My 3G is doing the same thing ever since I updated to 3.1. I thought it was my battery at first. Then really looked into it, and when the screen goes black, you can take a screen shot and it shows the black screen. Mine does this quite frequently.

ok so i went back to 3.0.1 and jailbroke it..
    i noticed that my springboard crashes sometimes and my phone goes into safemode.. my phone has never gone into safemode when it wasnt jailbroken so i am guessing that is the reason my screen just went black in 3.1

and now that i figured that out.. what could be the cause of my sb crashing?

Quote Originally Posted by tonester1 View Post
    ok so i went back to 3.0.1 and jailbroke it..
    i noticed that my springboard crashes sometimes and my phone goes into safemode.. my phone has never gone into safemode when it wasnt jailbroken so i am guessing that is the reason my screen just went black in 3.1

and now that i figured that out.. what could be the cause of my sb crashing?
    jailbreak normally doesn't cause that behaviour, so it's really hard to say. do you have any apps installed? especially stuff like winterboard or intelliScreen can cause crashes. but NORMALLY that doesn't happen ...

winterboard
    notifier
    cycorder
    lockinfo
    ssh
    toggle ssh
    lockdown
    those r the only jailbroken apps i have