Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor?!

Default Rumor?!
    Well today I was talking to a friend about how I had something under the glass of my iPhone. He told me if I had a 16GB 3G(Which I do), Apple would trade it in for a 3GS free of charge. My phone is still under warranty. True or False?
    If I helped thank me!

Thanks

If still under warranty - just go ask. Maybe you get a replacement due to the "thing" under yr screen.
    I would be surpriced if you got a 3GS though. I would vote for False.

BTW I'm thinking of getting rid of my 3GS as Apple have taken the liberty of blocking older FW - that stinks and is really inconvenient.
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

Nope they won't give you a 3G S. They'll give you a new screen/glass or another 3G. Depends on the store.

Lovely

Not

Its not dust, it looks like something else. I forgot about that you can't have older FW on the 3GS. I'm on T-Mobile so I need that. Are you going back to a 3G then?
    If I helped thank me!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

I took mine in for dust under the screen and they replaced it with no questions. I had a 3GS to start with. I go with the rumor is false also. I am very sure that Apple has plenty of refurbished 3G's laying around.

You will get a refurb of the SAME phone you already have. They arent going to upgrade you, lol.

And no they arent going to run out, each phone they take in gets refurbed and sent back out....thus a circle.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

My vote is false also. When I got one replaced even though I had a very nice gal helping she wouldn't even exchange a white 3g instead of the black one that was being returned.

I just had a problem with my 3g. Took it to the local Apple store and they replaced it with another 3G. No upgrades. They won't do it, not until they run out of refurb/left over 3G's any way.

They wont run out.

Thanks

False=Fail

Just checking because I was going to go this weekend but its false. Thanks for saving me a 35 minute drive to the Apple store Is there anyway possible they would upgrade you?
    If I helped thank me!

Thanks

Sure.. if you sign up for a 2 year AT&T contract and pay $199
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something