Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another iLocalis, Cylay, FindMyi, MobileMe post

Default Another iLocalis, Cylay, FindMyi, MobileMe post
    Anyone actually recover an iphone with any of these whether stolen or misplaced? Any one of these better than the other? I've checked them out and would like some real world opinions. Since I'm already on 3.1, I will have to wait for a jailbreak (except mobileme). Just curious...

Thumbs down Findmyi does not work
    I was very unhappy with the Findmyi.org tracking service. I feel it was a waste of money.

the best is ..

longitude

it works with google latitude and will update your information in set intervals. Yes I found my phone I didn't know I forgot it at my parents house. It will come in handy some day again.

I've never heard of Longitude, but I don't know if it would provide the feature set I want. I live in South Africa, where petty theft is reasonably common. In December my bag got stolen out my car, with my old iPhone in. Antonio (the iLocalis developer) managed to reactivate my old iLocalis account on it, and I successfully recovered my phone with the help of the South African Police Service. Full story is here:

iLocalis Forum • View topic - Stolen iPhone - A Story in Progress

how satisfying!

you must have felt all warm inside!

I found a stolen cell phone once based on my ring tone being heard. the guy was an upstairs neighbor. ******.

Quote Originally Posted by dtp5150 View Post
    how satisfying!

you must have felt all warm inside!

I found a stolen cell phone once based on my ring tone being heard. the guy was an upstairs neighbor. ******.
    Well I wanted to kick the *** of the guy that stole it, but all's well that ends well