Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy 3gs
    Hi, I have just returned from the USA and purchased a 3gs. The seller assured me that it would work in Europe but when i returned and inserted the sim it does not accept. Can someone please advise me what i van do. The firmware on the phone is 3.0.1.

Thanks

You need to jailbreak it and then unlock it.

However, at this moment you cannot restore to 3.0 or 3.0.1. If you do you may not be able to jailbreak your phone ever... or so they say.

You need to wait till the Dev Team jailbreaks firmware 3.1. Then you should be able to restore, jailbreak and unlock. After this you will be able to use your phone.

Keep checking back to the news section on this forum to find out when the 3.1 Jialbreak is released.

you actually have a big problem now. you have to wait if the dev team is able to unlock the baseband of the 3.1 firmware or future firmwares.
    the thing is that, in order to unlock 3.1, you need to grab to files from your hard drive that only appear during a restore. this was done by restoring to the (unlocked) firmware 3.0. but now, you cannot restore to 3.0 or 3.0.1 anymore, only to 3.1, which simply means that you cannot grab those files anymore without restoring to 3.1. so as long as the dev team does not unlock the 3.1 baseband (which is different from the 3.1 firmware) you can't use the phone.

Yeah you kinda got screwed.

Thanks

Jailbreak with redsn0w and unlock with ultrasn0w.
    whatever you do, DO NOT(!!!!) update to 3.1.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    Jailbreak with redsn0w and unlock with ultrasn0w.
    whatever you do, DO NOT(!!!!) update to 3.1.
    I'm a little confused lately ... yeah, of course you can just use your phone with 3.0.1 now, I didn't even think of that But you cannot upgrade your firmware for now (or ever?)