Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tethering...AT&T...3.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Tethering...AT&T...3.1
    I've seen quite a few people ask this already, but no one seems to be answering. I still haven't got a clear answer.

Does the tethering hack work on 3.1 or not? I've been getting the impression it doesn't, but I just read the comments here: CNET.

Maybe you can't install profiles any more, but does anyone who updaged to 3.1 and had the tethering hack installed on their iPhone on 3.0 still have the option to tether on 3.1?

If by some chance tethering still works after updating to 3.1, I'll feel a lot better that if I ever was forced to update and lost the ability to jailbreak my 3GS forever that I would still be able to tether for free.

EDIT: For some reason, I'm getting the impression that people who installed the ATT_US.ipcc file on their phone on 3.0 are the ones who still have it working. Just waiting on a response from you guys. Whether it's still working for you or not, please explain everything you've done to get it. Profile from help.benm.at, downloading ATT_US.ipcc, VPN settings, carrier profile, etc.
    Last edited by Channan; 2009-09-11 at 06:34 AM.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

On a JB 3.1 it will (note future tense...) work
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

Thanks

I've seen many that have a non-JB phone on 3.1 and MMS is working. So I guess it depends on where you live. You being in NO... It is working here in BTR.

ok, I had the tethering option on 3.0. Upgraded to 3.1. Im not JBroke. Option was in the list to tether after 3.1 upgrade. Plugged into PC, switched tethering on, and volia, the option has vanished. Its no longer an option in the menu. NICE!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ephone View Post
    ok, I had the tethering option on 3.0. Upgraded to 3.1. Im not JBroke. Option was in the list to tether after 3.1 upgrade. Plugged into PC, switched tethering on, and volia, the option has vanished. Its no longer an option in the menu. NICE!!!
    LOL

So maybe the people reporting it noticed the option still there but never actually tethered, so they wouldn't know it would work?

IDK I need more people to post.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default tethering
    FYI, I Was running 3.0 on a non jailbroken phone. the profile and tethering worked just fine! I upgraded to 3.1( still not jailbroken) and plugged my phone in, turned the tethering on and it disappeared from the network settings. the At&t profile is still on the phone. I also tried to reinstall the profile and it still does not work. 3.1 somehow disabled the tethering option!

Thanks

I know one thing's for sure. I'm NOT updating my iPhone for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MC1233 View Post
    FYI, I Was running 3.0 on a non jailbroken phone. the profile and tethering worked just fine! I upgraded to 3.1( still not jailbroken) and plugged my phone in, turned the tethering on and it disappeared from the network settings. the At&t profile is still on the phone. I also tried to reinstall the profile and it still does not work. 3.1 somehow disabled the tethering option!
    try resetting your phone, go to settings>general>reset> reset all settings. my MMS vanished on my even though at&t 5.0 still showed on my phone, I reset it, and MMS was back working again. I think its worth a try.
    useful? hit the thanks button!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noop View Post
    try resetting your phone, go to settings>general>reset> reset all settings. my MMS vanished on my even though at&t 5.0 still showed on my phone, I reset it, and MMS was back working again. I think its worth a try.
    We're talking about tethering though. Does that fix your tethering?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No, ive tried resetting, restarting, re-installing, and everything in between.. my tethering does not work still.. I think im gonna try to downgrade back to 3.0...

my MMS does not work now either...fyi...never has
    Last edited by MC1233; 2009-09-12 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

anyone found a way yet to re-enable it?