Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: s'cuze-me-wait-wha? are we on 3.1 or 3.1.1?

Default s'cuze-me-wait-wha? are we on 3.1 or 3.1.1?
    im a bit confused and was hoping that someone could interpret what in the world I am reading here.

I'm not an iPod user so I don't know if the dynamics are different, or maybe I am so out of the loop right now that I don't know what in the world is going on.

This article is so confusing in that it goes from iphone to ipod to iphone and I just can't make heads or tails out of anything.

Is this a typo or am just missing something.

iPhone OS 3.1.1 now Available, Now just $4.95 for iPod Touch owners | PMP Today

(incedently I get all my news from here, but I read a lot of news so that's how I came across this)
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

Thanks

i think only ipods are in that one

that's what I thought, and I just updated 3.1 yesterday. Then I came across another article (now that I am actively searching) saying that 3.1.1 is coming out on September 25th, and then I came across another article claiming that 3.1.1 was live.

All for iPhone...

I'm out of the loop :-(

for some reason iPod touch users received 3.1.1 yesterday, while iPhone users are on 3.1. so if you have an iphone and updated to 3.1 you're fine. and even if there WAS a 3.1.1 - it would probably a very minor release and not worth updating

as far as i can tell, the 3.1.1 update which is apparently slated for around the september 25th has to do with an update for mms.

I haven't been on this forum in a while, however i was under the impression that iPhone was capable of MMS already as some countries were able to get it, but that it was on american telegraph and telephone's side to enable it account by account which is something that hasn't been done yet in the united states.

Sorry if this is a complete repeat of inquiry, it's been a while since i've been here last.