Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tethering with BenM.at on 3.1

Exclamation Tethering with BenM.at on 3.1
    I read a report that if you enabled tethering and then updated to 3.1, it would still work. I tried this and the tethering option is now gone. Is there any way to get it back, or make tethering work again on 3.1? Any help would be appreciated, and for anyone wanting to update, be warned that tethering might not work.

well, you basically answered it yourself in the title. you need to go to help.benm.at and install a tethering profile.

No, I did that but it didn't work. The option isn't appearing under General>Network anymore.

I have the same problem. After 3.1 upgrade, the tethering option no longer shows up. I tried "reinstalling", but it still does not show up in Network Settings anymore.

You guys shouldn't have upgraded without waiting for clarification that your mods would stay intact.

Especially because 3.1 is such a useless update, in my opinion. Why sacrifice your luxuries for the newest update?

Quote Originally Posted by thisiskyleadams View Post
    You guys shouldn't have upgraded without waiting for clarification that your mods would stay intact.

Especially because 3.1 is such a useless update, in my opinion. Why sacrifice your luxuries for the newest update?
    first of all, tethering is not a mod.
    secondly, who knows what 3.1 really does. It might fix a lot of little bugs that are not mentioned in the update log.

as for the problem itself: which carrier are you guys using? I, myself, don't have 3.1 so I can't test right now ... but I will as soon as PwnageTool is updated for the 3GS ^^

All 3.1 does is add little nice features while blocking the more useful ones that weren't available regularly on 3.0 without unlocking the features.

lol that is why i haven't upgraded to 3.1 yet. I'd rather keep my tether and lil bugs then upgrade to 3.1 and lose tethering

I decided to try this and it stopped UltraSn0w working.
    I removed the BenM profile and did a Network settings reset and it's fine now.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im confuesd confucious, you removed the benm profile and got tethering to work???

No, I removed the profile to get UltraSn0w working again!
    Tethering isn't there.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Default Tethering on 3.1?
    Has anyone found a working method for tethering on 3.1? I don't care what, I just need a way to tether my iPhone to my computer. I tried MyWi and PDANet, neither worked.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm curious about this as well... since I just noticed that PDAnet didnt work

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EricJD View Post
    Has anyone found a working method for tethering on 3.1? I don't care what, I just need a way to tether my iPhone to my computer. I tried MyWi and PDANet, neither worked.
    You need to get the IPCC 6.0 File from:
    Stealth Bravo (MMi Mod)

Its the carrier settings file ... If you search MMi you will be able to find what you are looking for. Its a very simple upgrade!!!

Thanks

can anyone confirm this works? I would hate to lose my tethering abilities!
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

It works!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Works for me too! Gave me MMS without upgrading

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Would it be possible to enable tethering in a .plist somewhere? How exactly did the .ipcc enable tethering before?

I don't belive teathering works on 3.1 even with
    6.0 Cartier settings

Does it work on a 3gs even if its not jail broken? Where can I get this?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast