Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MAJOR Battery Drain issues

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Default MAJOR Battery Drain issues
    HELP!!!! For the last 4 days now my 3G has been draining the battery like mad. I have turned off everything I can and even gone back to a fresh factory state. Have not even jailbroken or unlocked it again yet. Nothing seems to help.

When I look under general>usage it says standby and usage are the same. This leads me to believe something is still running even when I am not using the iPhone. I have never had those two times be exactly the same.

Any suggestions from the always friendly members of the MMI family?
    Last edited by mahgninnuc93; 2009-09-09 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Turning off push for email doesn't help too? And also push notifications. Wifi, 3g Bluetooth. All these also drain battery. So when not using off them. Try these first and see if they work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Tried all of that. Finally did a complete restore. Did not use the backup. Works fine now.
    Just have to jailbreak and unlock again so I can put cydia back on and start fresh I guess.
    Thanks for the input though. Have a great evening.

Oh wow. That's kinda sad. I hate restores. It feels like you loose a part of your life. Especially after you jazzed up your phone and stuff. Sorry to hear that man..

Its sad to hear about your battery thing. But I feel you should keep one extra battery for backup too. This way you can freely use and enjoy your iPhone. You can search online and get great deals for iphone external batteries. To mention one I think Imaxpower's iPhone/iPod battery is worth checking out.

Thanks
    Last edited by Kala123; 2009-09-09 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost