Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help 3g vodafone ireland

Default help 3g vodafone ireland
    Hi im famousrabbit. Im new here this is my first post. Im not a noob i use to be on the modmymoto forum however i recently bought a jailbroken unlocked iphone on ebay and i love it. I have the problem of no internet when im away from wifi. This is becoming annoying i am on vodafone Ireland and live in ireland . I contacted them asking them for a 3g link but was ignored when i told them it was an Iphone. Whenever im acessing the internet without wifi the error Not subscribed to a cellular data network appears. I am on pay as you go as in I purchase credit no bill pay. I realize im not subscribed to a data network however on my old phone i could access the internet for 99cent a day maximum when i use it on pay as you go. However i no longer have that option . Any ideas i'll appreciate the help if any . Thanks in advance ! Signing off Famousrabbit.......

hi, welcome to mmi.
    you probably need the correct apn settings for vodafone ireland. the only ones I could find are

APN isp.vodafone.ie
    Username vodafone
    Password vodafone

you need to enter those in settings > general > network > cellular data network.
    but be careful! a lot of carries use different APNs for different data tariffs. so I don't know if you will be surfing the 99c/day tariff if you use those settings! if you don't, call the vodafone hotline, tell them that you want to use the 99c/day tariff and that you need the apn, username and passwort for that tariff.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

Famousrabbit (2009-09-08)

totally worked thanks for the help really sorted me out ,Funny I taught I tried that before and it didn't work but its working now so who cares.:P
    Defiantly ask you for help if i get another problem you were great help thanks

Atleast now it is 3g

Quote Originally Posted by Famousrabbit View Post
    totally worked thanks for the help really sorted me out ,Funny I taught I tried that before and it didn't work but its working now so who cares.:P
    Defiantly ask you for help if i get another problem you were great help thanks

Atleast now it is 3g
    glad I could help, have fun with it.
    btw, I saw that vodafone is offering a data plan for 9.99 that gives you 500MB traffic per month. if you spend more than 10 bucks per month for internet you might wanna consider that. 500MB sounds like not much, but it really is. I use my iphone a lot for surfing and stuff and I rarely go over 250MB

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

Famousrabbit (2009-09-09)