Results 1 to 17 of 17

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: can't add bookmark

  1. #1
    Default can't add bookmark
    Every time I click add bookmark it brings up add to home screen and that's it. does anyone know how to fix this? thanks.

  2. #2
    strange. the only thing I can imagine is that there is a limit in how many bookmarks you can have, and you may have synced too many over. Never seen it before ...

  3. #3
    But I only have one bookmark. I think imma have to try a restore and see if it works

  4. #4
    I'm not sure if a restore will help here, but if it doesn't hurt you give it a shot.

    it sounds to me not like a bug or something, but rather that safari is intentionally not showing that menu item.

    do you have any mobile substrate addons installed that interfere with safari (safari downloader, stuff like that). I suppose it's something you installed via cydia.

  5. #5
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Posts
    693
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 72 Times in 61 Posts

    There is also a limit on how many icons can be on the screen, try searching for it in spotlight.

  6. #6
    So I deleted imobilecinema and safari downloader and still can't add a book mark

  7. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Posts
    693
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 72 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by forgot2wipe View Post
    So I deleted imobilecinema and safari downloader and still can't add a book mark
    I dont think that imobilecinema would effect it at all, but how many apps/ icons do you have on screen? Also make sure they are not poof'd

  8. #8
    i have 2 pages of apps.

  9. #9
    Most likely your only option would be a restore. Thats a very odd glitch though.

  10. #10
    i have similar glitch, but when i select create bookmark (not create homescreen shortcut), it creates a homescreen shortcut! 3.0 on my 3gs

  11. #11
    yeah. that's what im talking about. my phone does the same thing

  12. #12
    ahhh same here

  13. #13
    I have this same exact problem. It started sometime after I put all my existing bookmarks into a new folder. I'm tired of hearing people say how good mobile safari is. Besides the bookmark issue, it also has no find feature (kind of important!), and it likes to decide if it will let the user zoom for certain pages.

  14. #14
    Retired Moderator soulthoughts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    3,096
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 603 Times in 506 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by renderrob View Post
    I have this same exact problem. It started sometime after I put all my existing bookmarks into a new folder. I'm tired of hearing people say how good mobile safari is. Besides the bookmark issue, it also has no find feature (kind of important!), and it likes to decide if it will let the user zoom for certain pages.
    Is your mail icon poofed? This would cause your bookmarks problem.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts
    Is your mail icon poofed? This would cause your bookmarks problem.
    thats what the problem was. thank you! i tried putting the mail icon in the dock but that causes the same problem.

  16. #16
    Retired Moderator soulthoughts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    3,096
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 603 Times in 506 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by renderrob View Post
    thats what the problem was. thank you! i tried putting the mail icon in the dock but that causes the same problem.
    I had this same exact problem. I poofed my mail icon and had to search high and low for an answer. Glad it worked.

  17. #17
    Hafa Adai?! I had the same problem until I checked this topic. Thanks

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •