Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: with apps like bump, bluetooth sharing, and mover..

iPhone? More like MyPhone itsjustlenny's Avatar
    Thanks

Default with apps like bump, bluetooth sharing, and mover..
    with these apps you can share over bluetooth any picture or contact. why hasnt there been an app that can share ANY type of file over bluetooth? especially ringtones.

anyother phone out there is able to do this over bluetooth. why cant we? or is there an app out there that does this already that i just dont know about?

Well, there's two angles you can look at this.

1. All of the aforementioned applications are from the App Store. What other files are Apple going to allow you to send? They certainly don't want you playing with system files, and when it comes to music, sharing is NOT caring (at least for the artists). Once MMS kicks in full-steam, you'll be able to send all this stuff over cellular anyway, so these applications will eventually die out.

2. On the other hand, MeDevil wrote an app a while back that should now be in Cydia called iBluetooth that essentially DOES let you send any file to any other iPhone. The drawbacks? Well, it's not free, and isn't the most stable application out there, not to mention it doesn't work 100% with non-iPhones, and frankly, I will NOT pay for a program that doesn't do what it is advertised to do 100% of the time. I have tried an illegitimate copy of the program (yeah, I'll admit it) from XL Eyes, and have since uninstalled it because it just didn't work right. In my opinion, the easiest way to send something to another iPhone besides the select few things that can be transferred through those other applications is to purchase iFile and use its email attachment feature. Of course, the recipient will have to purchase Attachment Saver from the Cydia Store, but that's only $2 and works quite nicely. (Seriously guys, $2 is cheaper than a ******* Whopper from Burger King, and anyone with a bank account or debit card can get a Paypal account, so don't use the "I'm not old enough to buy stuff online" excuse if you resort to cracking apps. If you aren't old enough or are too cheap to have a Paypal account, you probably shouldn't be old enough to have an iPhone, let alone OWN ONE, simple as that.)

Thanks

thanks for that reply IndianCheese, i did not know that you can mms those kinds of files. but even if you can send those files, how will you get to them. its not like the pictures where you have an album and you can click individual files and send them. how would it go about sending m4r files if you cant access the individual file?

Contacts - open Phone, choose contact, scroll down, tap Share Contact, tap MMS

Photos/videos - normal way, or open Photos, choose photo, tap screen, tap Share icon, tap MMS

Location - open Maps, press Locate button, press Map Options button (lower right corner), tap Drop Pin, tap arrow on "Dropped Pin" popup, tap Share Location, tap MMS (you can do this with any pin, not just dropped ones, but that is if you want to share your GPS location)

Voice Notes - tap View Notes button (right of the VU), tap arrow on which recording you want, tap Share, tap MMS

You're welcome :3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    (Seriously guys, $2 is cheaper than a ******* Whopper from Burger King, and anyone with a bank account or debit card can get a Paypal account, so don't use the "I'm not old enough to buy stuff online" excuse if you resort to cracking apps. If you aren't old enough or are too cheap to have a Paypal account, you probably shouldn't be old enough to have an iPhone, let alone OWN ONE, simple as that.)
    Hey! That's not very nice
    I really am not old enough to have a paypal though. If they catch a minor with a paypal they'll freeze the account and you'll lose the money in it until you can show paperwork saying you're over 18.
    I never have and never will use cracked apps though.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    I really am not old enough to have a paypal though. If they catch a minor with a paypal they'll freeze the account and you'll lose the money in it until you can show paperwork saying you're over 18.
    I signed up for Paypal without lying about anything at all and I got an account. I'm 17. I have a 16 year old friend with a Paypal account. All they care about is if you have a bank account. Seriously.

Thanks

No. If you read their terms of service you have to be 18 or legally emancipated.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

still doesnt really answer about ringtones, which is what im mostly looking for. how to mms or send someone a ringtone directly from my ifone to theirs.

Thanks

You can't.

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustlenny View Post
    still doesnt really answer about ringtones, which is what im mostly looking for. how to mms or send someone a ringtone directly from my ifone to theirs.
    You can't do it directly, but with iBluetooth or iFile/Attachment Saver, you can always transfer the file and then move it into the Ringtones folder.