Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!!! Cannot text and when i try to call it says "call failed" immediately!

Default HELP!!! Cannot text and when i try to call it says "call failed" immediately!
    Hello,

right i've got an 3g iphone 8gb which is unlocked and jailbroken. I'm on T-mobile (not sure if it makes a difference in this situation) and until earlier this week my phone worked with no problems what so ever (even with the simcard in!). I went to put my simcard in earlier this week and my phone wouldn't text, then when i went to call it would immediately say call ended. "Call forwarding active" comes up on the screen with dismiss underneath it too. I've read every post i could find regarding call forwarding active, changed my number to not hidden etc and despite i don't have call forwarding active it doesn't make a difference. I've reset my phone, re-jailbroken/unlocked it and it still doesn't work. My internet works but thats about it. My flat mate has a t-mobile simcard too so i tried that and that dosen't work either in the phone however when we use the simcards in any other phones they work perfectly!
    Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Would suspect that you have (at some point) done a FW upgrade and used the iTunes' backed-up settings.

Do a complete restore - set up as a new iPhone in iTunes.
    Jailbreak-unlock using Redsn0w.
    Make sure to correct the APN settings so they correspond to Tmobile.

Quite certain you will now have a working iPhone
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

Cheers for that,

i've done what you said, put in the APN settings i found on the internet but still no luck, any ideas on the APN settings incase i've put the wrong ones in?

Thanks

'Call forwarding active' just means incoming calls are being forwarded to voicemail.

What country are you in?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I'm in the UK, England. i can't call out or text though. Doesn't give me the opportunity.

APN is general.t-mobile.uk
    user is one2one and password is t-mobile

But that is only for data.

Do you get a T-Mobile signal?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Yeah i get full signal, i get 3g, the internet works too.
    i've posted...

http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/68...-settings.html for the settings and things i've tried but unfortunately haven't worked.

Restore phone in iTunes with T SIM in, set up as new. RedSnow and UltraSn0w with T SIM in and all will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Restore phone in iTunes with T SIM in, set up as new. RedSnow and UltraSn0w with T SIM in and all will be fine.

I tried this but unfortunately i didn't have much luck