Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IBEC and IBSS

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default IBEC and IBSS
    Ok so i followed the tut on iclarified about getting the IBEC and IBSS off my iphone 3gS. I was successful with the IBEC but not the IBSS. I tried the IBSS but it goes away in literally 1 second. AND once i was successful in that one second but then the error came up saying "this file is being used by another program blah blah blah" then it went away. So i tried usbdump and found my 16 digit UUID and went to purplerain and put it in and clicked enter. Is that an alternative to the IBSS?? Because the filename is something like this: purplerayn_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (x's are my numbers for UUID). And its only 1kb. So could anyone tell me if that file is an alternative to the IBSS or could anyone explain to me how to not get the error and get my IBSS through DFU restore without giving me the error. If you ould it would be great. Thank you

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Bump

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hlrNxBTqSU]YouTube - Grab your iPhone 3GS iBEC & iBSS files (THE EASY WAY)[/ame]
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Default Ibec & ibess
    he did not say but that is a windows only pgm, and i could noy get it to work under parallels and XP SP2, so i borrowed a friends vista laptop and got it first try. kind of sad to have to use windows crap to deal with an apple product, but i assume it is cause so many people have iphones and just have not saved to get a real puter yet...I could not find a similar mac pgrm that does it so simple.

Have not saved to get a real computer yet? You mean an intel one?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I watched the video. Don't you have to go through 2 iTunes restores, a restore and a DFU restore in order to capture both the IBEC and IBSS files using the grabber program?
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post
    I watched the video. Don't you have to go through 2 iTunes restores, a restore and a DFU restore in order to capture both the IBEC and IBSS files using the grabber program?
    Never used that grabber program but I would think a DFU restore would be sufficient enough.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

IF you do a single DFU restore, using this program and start it watching, you will get both files you need in on restore, albeit in two different places. two folders that look like this Perxxxx.tmp.

Quote Originally Posted by rmacgurn View Post
    he did not say but that is a windows only pgm, and i could noy get it to work under parallels and XP SP2, so i borrowed a friends vista laptop and got it first try. kind of sad to have to use windows crap to deal with an apple product, but i assume it is cause so many people have iphones and just have not saved to get a real puter yet...I could not find a similar mac pgrm that does it so simple.
    that's just because on mac that program is built-in. before you start the restore process, open up a terminal window, enter the following and then press enter, then leave the terminal window open

while x=1; do nohup cp -vr /tmp/PersonalizedRestoreBundle.*/Firmware/dfu/* ~/Desktop/ 2>/dev/null; sleep .1s; done

then start the restore, and the terminal script will automatically grab both files for you. it can be that easy ... ;-) after the restore is done you can close the terminal window