Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Youtube buffering problem

Default Youtube buffering problem
    I'm on a 3GS jailbroken iphone and I watch youtube in high quality on 3G unrestrictor. Sometimes I'll be watching a video and it will be buffering/streaming fine and all of a sudden it will stop completely... Then I have to restart it again. This occurs when I'm staying in 1 spot with the same reception. I never noticed this problem before. When I would watch in 3G in low quality and even when I ran it with 3G unrestrictor in high quality when I first dled it (about 1-2 months ago) it never did that. It's a problem that I've noticed within the last 1-2 weeks. I dled and ran memtool and I free'ed up some memory, but that doesn't seem to help. What could I do to ensure that when I start streaming a video it doesn't get stuck?
    Thanks in advance for help.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Its the 3g. I noticed that on bellsouth 6.0, my youtube is slow wt buffering but at my cousins house, he has comcast and my youtube and everything is showing the full potential of the S

But when I used to watch on 3G in low quality it never did that. Is it the high quality with the 3G? Mem tool clean up seemed to help a bit since I've been using for a while. Not
    100% sure though. Should I clear my cookies and cache? Would that help?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ehh it probably depends on the 3g and how u have to use 3g unrestrictor. I dont have 3g so i woildnt know. But my friend has 3g and he watches youtube without 3g unrestrictor. Try that

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

some of those high quality vids are very big

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yea but those load quite slow on my 3gS wifi on bellsouth 6.0 and at my cousins, my 3gS runs smoothly and buffers rly fast and he has comcast. Also whTs this about b/g mode? I dont know how to put my router in b-only mode. I heard it makes youtube and other stuff buffer faster. Is that true?

I habe a westell 327w router
    Last edited by sami4021; 2009-09-06 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If I run youtube without 3G unrestrictor it will be in low quality. I want to run youtube with 3G in high quality and I don't mind slow buffering, I just don't want the buffering to suddenly stop.