Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Average Battery Life - iPhone 3GS

Question Average Battery Life - iPhone 3GS
    I thought I would start a thread and ask what is you average battery life for you 3GS. Mine is about 3 days....

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

is that with it just sat there doing nothing?
    or can you check emails, get phone calls, browse the web, play games etc ?
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Just your average really, checking emails, playing games etc..... Just normal day to day usage....

Thanks

3 days sounds about average - the battery time is the weak part of the iPhone.
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

I certainly have to agree with you there

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

3 days???? Holy crap!!! I would be lucky to get a day with my average usage!! I am usually on a charger half way through the day. I have chargers at home, office and in my car because the battery is so bad.

I think if you are getting 3 days then consider yourself very lucky and you are definitely among the VERY few that get good battery life.

^Same i only get about half a day, but then again im on my phone a lot

yeh 3 days sounds ridiculous. how do you manage to get that much out of it. it must be vastly improved from the 3G battery as mine lasts about a day at most

: (
    Stock Just Doesn't Cut It

i would say about 1.5 days with all services on.

BUT as of latley we have 4 3gs phones here that all of the sudden are down to less than a day with the same type of usage per each phone. Keep in mind that some of the units are not using push and such, in which their battery life is a little longer than the ones using all features, but all of the units are using the battery like never before, and are less than one day, and they all started doing it this week....

At full charge this morning 6:30am
    wifi off
    3g off
    push on
    fetch off
    screen half bright

2:56pm 6%.

ususally this phone runs all services on and last about a day to day and half.

With all of our 3gs doing the samethings leads me to believe that either apple,att, or a app is the causing the battery drain....weird

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaysta07 View Post
    I thought I would start a thread and ask what is you average battery life for you 3GS. Mine is about 3 days....
    Is your iPhone unlocked? Ultrasn0w or PurpleSn0w? Are you using Winterboard?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Mine gets used decently every day and it lasts just barely shy of 1.5 days.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If i use mine for texting and internet, its usually 50% from 7am to 4pm. BUT when i play the game West Coast Hustle for an hour, from 87% it drops to 30-40%! anyone know why? Is it because the game is 3D maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by sami4021 View Post
    If i use mine for texting and internet, its usually 50% from 7am to 4pm. BUT when i play the game West Coast Hustle for an hour, from 87% it drops to 30-40%! anyone know why? Is it because the game is 3D maybe?
    Is that an app that connects to the internet. On avereage most apps should go through a battery in about 6 hours.

Mine lasts 1 day. Wifi automatically turns off when I'm at work, everything else on.

Mine last about 13 hours.
    If I helped thank me!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Periodic View Post
    Is that an app that connects to the internet. On avereage most apps should go through a battery in about 6 hours.
    No its kinda like grand theft auto like game. its 173MB. IDK if its that game because i usually turn wifi off when i play it so I dont lose any more battery than i need to. Try the game out and you will see hat i mean. Its a fun game though

Quote Originally Posted by sami4021 View Post
    No its kinda like grand theft auto like game. its 173MB. IDK if its that game because i usually turn wifi off when i play it so I dont lose any more battery than i need to. Try the game out and you will see hat i mean. Its a fun game though
    Ya, i'd imagine that a game that is 173mb is both very fun amd power consuming. Some of those more complex games(like EA games) i would imagine are power drainers but fun.

Thanks

Usually all day...
    EDM

Based on the stats provided by the phone: With push off, I get 4.5 to 5 hrs of use with 12-13 hrs of standby (aka 1 day to 1.5 days of use for me)

with push on, I get maybe 4 hrs of use and 10 hrs of standby

also I constantly have Bluetooth paired with my jawbone. My 7 emails are fetched/pushed every 30 min via 3g. Im overall really impressed with my 3gs's batt life
    Last edited by ihaveabu; 2009-09-07 at 07:14 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveabu View Post
    Based on the stats provided by the phone: With push off, I get 4.5 to 5 hrs of use with 12-13 hrs of standby (aka 1 day to 1.5 days of use for me)

with push on, I get maybe 4 hrs of use and 10 hrs of standby
    I also get about 4.5-5 hrs of use and about 11-12 hrs of standbay. Jailbroken with 8 mobile substrate addons. My 3g is always on along with wifi, no push.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast