Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help. I need information for Iphone

Default Please Help. I need information for Iphone
    Hello,

Recently I bought an Itouch 2nd Gen and I was able to jailbreak it. Currently, i have it jailbroken and it is awesome. I have a few questions because I'm planning to buy an Iphone

1st - Can I Jailbreak & Unlock the Iphone once I got the Iphone from an AT&T Store and it's already activated from the AT&T Store? I'm asking this question because I heard that once you active it there it's not possible to Jailbreak it and Unlock It.

2nd - Is It possible to jailbreak the new 3GS right now or it's better to just get the 3G for Jailbreak and Unlock purposes?

3rd - If I Unlock the Iphone can I still use it on an AT&T Store throught SIM Cards there or the only options will be T-Mobile Stores?

4th - If I jailbreak and unlock, will all the features that work on AT&T work in other carriers such as Voice Mail? what features will be missing if I decide to unlock and jailbreak if i'm not going to be using AT&T on iphone?

5th - Warranty on Iphone? If I get it on ebay/craiglist i won't be getting it right? is there a way to buy a warranty online?

PS: What would u recommend 3GS or 3G? buy it ebay, craiglist or AT&T?
    I just want to give a thank you if you decide to help me. I know some of the questions could have been answered before but I just wanted to make sure everything is updated since new iphone softwares have come out recently.

Thanks,
    Calirage2k

Thanks

1 - Yes.
    2 - Yes. Get them as soon as possible though (whether you want to go with the 3G or 3GS doesn't matter) because the unlock won't be possible after the 3.1 update coming out (probably) next week.
    3 - yes. any GSM carriers, including official carriers.
    4 - yes, none.
    5 - you will get it if the phone went through apple sometime and was bought from them within a year.

If you have the money, go with the 3GS. If you're looking to save a few bucks and don't care for the new features, go for the 3G. As for where you should buy it, up to you

P.s. My advice to you - don't call the iPod Touch an iTouch. You'll get some major hate.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

3. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

calirage2k (2009-09-02)

Thanks for the replies. I have a few more questions as well

Will I able to unlock / jailbreak after the 3.1? At least jailbreak since you mentioned that unlock is not going to be possible right away?

Can I Switch the SIM Card to a cheap phone if I decide I don't want to take the Iphone to a dangerous place like the beach for example?

Can I have multiple SIM CARDS in the same Iphone? If I can, will every SIM Card give me a different cellphone number?

Thanks
    Last edited by calirage2k; 2009-09-02 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks

Yes

No

Btw welcome to MMi.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks for the answers.

I'm confused since you answered two but didn't specify which ones is yes or no? :P

Here are the questions ..

1.- Will I able to unlock / jailbreak after the 3.1? At least jailbreak since you mentioned that unlock is not going to be possible right away?

2.- Can I Switch the SIM Card to a cheap phone if I decide I don't want to take the Iphone to a dangerous place like the beach for example?

3.- Can I have multiple SIM CARDS in the same Iphone? If I can, will every SIM Card give me a different cellphone number?

Thanks

Oh I answered them in the order they were asked.

1 - You will be able to jailbreak the 3G for sure. the 3GS... not so sure.. if you get it BEFORE 3.1 comes out, then yes.

2 - yes you can switch sims.

3 - no you can't use multiple sims in the iPhone.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

calirage2k (2009-09-02)

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    Oh I answered them in the order they were asked.

1 - You will be able to jailbreak the 3G for sure. the 3GS... not so sure.. if you get it BEFORE 3.1 comes out, then yes.

2 - yes you can switch sims.

3 - no you can't use multiple sims in the iPhone.
    Thank you.

Two more questions, sorry about this

1.- Any reason why would not be able to jailbreak the 3GS right away after 3.1?

2.- You stated that I can switch SIMS to a cheap phone right? but you said i can't use multiple sims on the same iphone. So let's say for example, I get an Iphone 3GS, then decide to use that same SIM in an already SIM Activated 3G is not going to be possible unless that iphone 3G has the SIM Activated?
    It's kinda weird that a cheap phone with a SIM Activated can have the SIM activated by an iphone 3GS work while another IPhone won't

Thanks

Short and simple - there are these two files that you need to get to be able to jailbreak, when 3.1 is out, you might not be able to get those files anymore.

Wait I'm going crazy.. ahahha. Yes you can use multiple sims in the iPhone. You can replace the sim as often as you want, no matter what number is on the sim cards. Just can't use more than one at once. Sorry

11. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

calirage2k (2009-09-02)

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post

Wait I'm going crazy.. ahahha. Yes you can use multiple sims in the iPhone. You can replace the sim as often as you want, no matter what number is on the sim cards. Just can't use more than one at once. Sorry
    Oh thank you. So the SIM Card doesn't bind it with the iphone. can you please explain in this example:

I have SIM CARD activated with cell a phone number let's say 300 - 300 - 5000 in another phone.
    I get an iphone 3GS with SIM Card and the phone number 300 - 300 - 6000
    If I decide to just switch for a moment to the SIM CARD from the cheap cellphone to the IPhone, will it change the number, meaning i will get the text, phone calls from the cheap phone to the new Iphone 3GS?

Also, a personal question. Do you have the 2G, 3G or 3GS?

Thanks

geewiz... angie.. teach him to fish!!!
    He'll be calling you when he can't take a crap..... lol

Quote Originally Posted by calirage2k View Post
    Oh thank you. So the SIM Card doesn't bind it with the iphone. can you please explain in this example:

I have SIM CARD activated with cell a phone number let's say 300 - 300 - 5000 in another phone.
    I get an iphone 3GS with SIM Card and the phone number 300 - 300 - 6000
    If I decide to just switch for a moment to the SIM CARD from the cheap cellphone to the IPhone, will it change the number, meaning i will get the text, phone calls from the cheap phone to the new Iphone 3GS?

Also, a personal question. Do you have the 2G, 3G or 3GS?
    the phone number is tied to the sim card, not the phone. always. so it doesn't matter where you put your sim card in, your phone will always have the number of the sim card you put in.

oh, and you really can drop the hol "activated iphone" stuff. it doesn't matter at all if the iphone is activated with AT&T or whatever. as long as it comes with 3.0 or 3.0.1 firmware, NOT 3.1, you can do whatever you like with it.

and: I wouldn't be so sure about the 3.1 jailbreak/unlock for the 3G as angie is. there will be a baseband update for the 3G with 3.1, which means it is not currently known if the 3G will be jailbreakable and unlockable if you buy it with 3.1 installed. it's more likely than the 3GS though. If you want a 3GS, get it asap!

oh, and I know it wasn't directed at me, but I owned a 2G and now own a 3GS :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    the phone number is tied to the sim card, not the phone. always. so it doesn't matter where you put your sim card in, your phone will always have the number of the sim card you put in.

oh, and you really can drop the hol "activated iphone" stuff. it doesn't matter at all if the iphone is activated with AT&T or whatever. as long as it comes with 3.0 or 3.0.1 firmware, NOT 3.1, you can do whatever you like with it.

and: I wouldn't be so sure about the 3.1 jailbreak/unlock for the 3G as angie is. there will be a baseband update for the 3G with 3.1, which means it is not currently known if the 3G will be jailbreakable and unlockable if you buy it with 3.1 installed. it's more likely than the 3GS though. If you want a 3GS, get it asap!

oh, and I know it wasn't directed at me, but I owned a 2G and now own a 3GS :-)
    Thanks for the responses.

I have another question but it's just regarding Cydia and 3GS.

1.- Do you know if it takes the same time to load with the new iphone or is the speed based on the server instead of the processor in the new iphone?

Thanks for the responses.

I have another question but it's just regarding Cydia and 3GS.

1.- Do you know if it takes the same time to load with the new iphone or is the speed based on the server instead of the processor in the new iphone?
    cydia is the one app where you will REALLY notice a differnce on the 3GS. it loads extremly fast compared to 2G/3G.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

calirage2k (2009-09-02)

cydia is the one app where you will REALLY notice a differnce on the 3GS. it loads extremly fast compared to 2G/3G.
    Thanks for the response. I guess I will hurry and the new 3GS before the weekends ends.

Did u get the 3GS the white or black color?

Thanks for the response. I guess I will hurry and the new 3GS before the weekends ends.

Did u get the 3GS the white or black color?
    black ... but shouldn't you make that decision yourself? ^^

black ... but shouldn't you make that decision yourself? ^^
    lol no, i was just wondering. I'm going to get a white for myself.

Thanks

I have a white 3G I got it when it just came out and can't afford to dish out another couple hundred dollars for the 3GS...

The 3G will be without a doubt jailbreakable, not unlockable.
    The jailbreak relies on a hardware exploit that apple can't fix unless they recall all 3G phones and change them

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    geewiz... angie.. teach him to fish!!!
    He'll be calling you when he can't take a crap..... lol
    Haha. I don't know how to fish
    Last edited by angiepangie; 2009-09-02 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thats good to know.

Did you get the Text message plan with AT&T or you recommend using a text message program?

Right now i'm using IM+ to send text message on the ipod touch 2nd gen and it's pretty sweet. I tried text unlimited with the ipod touch and it is allright...

Thanks

I'm on T-mobile

Thanks for the replies, I'm grateful that you guys took the time to answer these simple questions.

Thanks, I've decided to get the Iphone 16GB White tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast