Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HI! Introducing myself with some questions please

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default HI! Introducing myself with some questions please
    Hi everyone - I had the files downloaded to jailbreak my new 3g before I even had the phone! Of course the minute I had it I took care of business and then started to DL everything in sight not really knowing what I needed/didn't need. Now that I've had a chance to take a breath (I've had my phone for 3 days now-ha ha), I'm wondering if I should start fresh and wipe out everything and start over and only load what I think I want/need.

Was wondering if anyone can tell me if that is a good idea? if so, how I do this to really wipe out everything and start over (not leave fragmented files)? I'm a Windows person, not a MAC person so I'm not sure of how they work.

I'd love to hear any opinions and or constructive comments that you might have.

I'm looking forward to being able to contribute back to the community here once I actually know what I'm doing for sure.

Thanks again!

Susan

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Welcome to MMi,
    Really not necessary, you can just delete what you want in Cydia, go to Manage section.
    If you restore in iTunes it will set the phone up as new and you can begin again if you like. But you will have to jailbreak again and load all your 3rd party apps from Cydia.
    But I would wait, there will be a release of 3.1 in a month or so unless your having problems with your phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^+1

Welcome to MMi!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks guys for the welcome and the quick replies! I'm not really having any problems with the phone (knock knock)so I wont mess with it then.

I have been deleting the ones I know I don't like/need any longer but I wasn't sure if they left fragments around or not.

I also installed through "**********" (*********). I really had no idea what I was doing. Now that I'm looking around on the sites I see things like "SB Settings" and SSH'ing and SCP which I need to look into bc I have no idea what they mean. For specific example, I dl "KillSign Perse" theme and now I see it says it uses "SB Settings". No idea what that is as of yet. I'm working on it though

Seriously, I'll take any opinions or words of caution you might have because as I mentioned, I really don't know about Mac "stuff".

Thanks

* OOPS *
    We don't talk warez / stolen software here......

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Here's some info that will help you with SSH. There are a couple free programs you can use. WinSCP (wifi) iPhonebrowser (USB)
    Seems as tho you have typed a site that is not allowed here, just so you know the forum does not support, discuss warez or cracked apps or sites.

If you need help just let us know, enjoy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

suezeeq12 (2009-09-01)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yikes! I'm sorry!!

I'll look at the links provided - thank you blkcadi!