Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 2g 8GB not charging

Default iphone 2g 8GB not charging
    hey so i bought and iphone 2g off someone and it wont charge. i have been told its due to a faulty motherboard, however i wanted to know if the battery is attached to a board and would chaging this board work or shall i just change the main board? coz surley a board for the battery is cheaper than a main board if it even exists? just woundering if anyone can shed some light on this for which part i would be better getting
    Last edited by m3inl; 2009-08-30 at 05:44 PM.

Could be the dock connector, could be the battery, could be the mobo. But if you dont have the skills and equipment to test everything, you wouldnt be able to determine which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Could be the dock connector, could be the battery, could be the mobo. But if you dont have the skills and equipment to test everything, you wouldnt be able to determine which it is.
    its not the battery as that is brand new, pretty sure its not the dock connector either altough i could be wrong.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the same problem with that piss off s*** 2G phone, the only way I was able to charge it was in the car. What I did took it back to Apple and they gave a new one I was out of the in 5 min".

Well the battery solders directly to the mobo, so if thats the problem your pretty much screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Well the battery solders directly to the mobo, so if thats the problem your pretty much screwed.
    yeah he said its a faulty motherboard, its only about 35 for a new one and i only paid 100 for the phone so i'm still getting a bargin