Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS and Tethering in fw 3.0.1 no where to be found?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation MMS and Tethering in fw 3.0.1 no where to be found?
    hi evry1, i just updated my iphone 3G 2.2 to 3.0.1 and i have heard and read on the apple website that it has MMS and tethering however i have found in cellular data network "mms". but i cant find the settings for tethering in "settings" so where is it and why don't i have the camera icon in Messages for MMS?

if you don't have an official iphone carrier you need to set up both manually.
    for mms: go to help.benm.at from your iphone(!), scroll down and there will be "MMS Settings" write the settings for your carrier down and write them in settings > general > network > cellular data network > MMS

for tethering: if you have a 2G it won't work. on a 3G(S) go to help.benm.at, scroll down to "mobileconfigs download", then select your carrier and download the configuration file. that will bring the tethering menu to settings > general > network

enjoy!

oh btw: please note that a lot of carriers may forbid tethering! at least here in germany there is only one carrier where this is allowed (luckily I'm on that one, hrhr)
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2009-08-28 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks

ok thx 4 replying but i have a question. Does the website u provided give settings for Egypt and the middle east in general? cuz i am using etisalat egypt---"etisalat eg"
    Last edited by Miro89; 2009-08-28 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miro89 View Post
    ok thx 4 replying but i have a question. Does the website u provided give settings for Egypt and the middle east in general? cuz i am using etisalat egypt---"etisalat eg"
    I'm afraid it doesn't.
    You would have to call your carrier's hotline or visit the carrier's website then and ask for the access data for MMS and mobile internet. Not sure if tethering will work then. You have to ask that stuff.

Thanks

ok thx 4 ur answer and u r correct i didnt find any settings for egypt so i sent them feedback and again thx 4 ur answer