Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: activated sim and unactivated iphone question

Default activated sim and unactivated iphone question
    hey my iphone recently doesnt take phone calls while asleep so its a known problem with many iphones but its unlocked and everything. i was planning to use my cousins iphone sim card that is currently with att and everything but what happens if i place her sim into my iphone and connect it to itunes? will it activate the phone without hitch or what? so i can actually take it into the apple store

iPhone? More like MyPhone remz08's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if the sim is activated with AT&T all you have to do is put it in the iphone and your good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by remz08 View Post
    Well if the sim is activated with AT&T all you have to do is put it in the iphone and your good to go.
    thanks for the reply, so if i put the activated sim in the unactivated iphone and it'll activate my iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by jle2k View Post
    thanks for the reply, so if i put the activated sim in the unactivated iphone and it'll activate my iphone?
    why not just give it a shot? But I think that simcard and phone get activated together, not sure though. I mean, it's not like you can break anything by trying

iPhone? More like MyPhone remz08's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, your phone is already activated, since your using it now, so there is no more activation, its just like if you were putting a sim card in any other phone that's activated