Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SBSettings randomly bricking...

Default SBSettings randomly bricking...
    I was going to see if anyone else was having this problem. I was setting up 3G iPhone the same way I always do. I did a DFU restore to 3.01. Used RedSnow .8 to jailbreak. Cydia did its update thing with no problems.

I then added SBSettings. It's the main reason I jailbreak. After it download/installed, I hit respring. All of a sudden, the screen goes black. The backlight is still on, but nothing is on the screen. I tried a hard reset, but it booted up past the apple logo into the same problem.

I thought it was weird, but maybe just a random bad install.

DFU'd, restored, re-jailbroke. Added it again, same problem.

I believe the version number on SBSettings was 3.4

Any ideas?

in 3.0, the screen always goes blank after a respring(it does this on mine, too), and sometimes after a reboot. It should turn back on(not be blank anymore) after it is done respringing or rebooting.

The screen stayed black for well over 2 minutes after respring. I've never had one take more than 15 seconds...

Could I get some more help with this please?
    Last edited by Piazza331; 2009-08-27 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Not sure that you have a problem. I have had it take a minute or so also, never really timed it.

Tried it again today. After 10 minutes, still no respring.

Downgraded to 3.0, and had no problems. Maybe it's still unstable with 3.01.

Not really a big deal. I'm not too worried about the text vulnerability.