Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Called apple and cant buy iphone 3gs for 600$?

Default Called apple and cant buy iphone 3gs for 600$?
    Ok i posted a question early about how much it cost to get the 3gs without a contract and everyone said 600-700. But i called apple and they said u still have to have a at&t contract to buy it?

is that true? if so since im on tmobile do i just have to buy it thru ebay or how?
    No signature spam or links... Thanks

lol ... what they meant was it would cost something in that area from ebay etc. you can't buy an iphone without contract from apple, at least not in the US.

That's wrong. You can get one for that price without a contract. Go to Apple.com and try and order it and you will see that.

Or you can do it in an Apple Store.

lol can i get some others to confirm this bc i did go on the site and called them and they said u can buy it w/o re-newing your contract but you still have to have one, it just wont renew it
    No signature spam or links... Thanks

From what Ive heard, you can buy an iphone without a contract BUT you still have to be a current ATT customer

Quote Originally Posted by Piazza331 View Post
    That's wrong. You can get one for that price without a contract. Go to Apple.com and try and order it and you will see that.

Or you can do it in an Apple Store.
    yeah, I see that it asks me to create an AT&T account but admittingly, I'm not sure if you have to actually sign up for a contract if you order online.