Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sms notification problem

Arrow sms notification problem
    Hi there,

I have searched all day long and couldn't found any solution...
    This is the last place where i can ask for help

everything works great but when my headphones are plugged in sms/mail/lock/keyboard/ sounds all goes only in headphones no ringer sound...

if sms arrives , phone only vibrates and sound goes to headphones... ( unlike calls, if there is call , sound goes in both in headphones and in speaker )

I'v tried restore for 3 times...

p.s. 3g 8gb hactivated
    and sorry for my english.

please, any ideas would be helpful.

I think this is intentional. though I'm not quite sure about sms ... . but I think calender/mail stuff only goes to the headphone.

though I have to admit that this is a strange design, I never actually thought about it because I always use the headphones when I have them plugged in. But I don't think there is anything you can do about it, not sure though.

I will test if mine does the same thing for mails, wait a second ...

edit: yeah, it's the same for my phone. calls always go through the phone if silent switch is off, but sms/mails etc. go through the headphones only if they are plugged in. really strange design-flaw, I have to admit
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2009-08-25 at 08:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Thanks!
    Your are great!

however it still remains problem for me... What do you think, is it possible to chnage some .plists and slows thhis "problem" ?

Quote Originally Posted by kalatoza View Post
    Thanks Thanks Thanks!
    Your are great!

however it still remains problem for me... What do you think, is it possible to chnage some .plists and slows thhis "problem" ?
    I don't think this is stored in some kind of .plist. You should rather see if you can get a hack or something. I think there are apps that notify you of new sms and email messages and stuff, I just don't know how they behave when it comes to earphones. And unfortunatly I don't know how they are called ...