Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone not working while its being charged!!

Default Iphone not working while its being charged!!
    Hello, My friend has a iphone 3g that I've jail-broken it for her but recently she cant do anything on it (ie: text, calls) when she is charging it.. I've searched the net for a fix but no luck...

I hope sum one can help ...

Sniperxxx

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Be a lot more specific. What happens when you try and make a call or text? Do other apps work? What firmware? What carrier?

the firmware is 3.0 carrier is A&TT. i just talked to my friend and she says she cant even unlock the phone (the slide thingy) so that means she cant do anything ....

does the screen turn on? can't she move the slider? if so, can she move the slider when unplugging the phone? what happens if she turns the phone on while it is plugged in?
    does the computer recognize the phone? does it sync fine?

it just wont slide ....... the sync is fine, when is not pluged its working but when she plugs it in to the charger it wont silde to unlock...

that sounds really strange. is your friend using some kind of 3rd party docking station?
    well, the obvious steps are: reboot. if that doesn't help: restore. if the problem persists you should take the phone to an apple store and maybe get a replacement. though i can't imagine a hardware error causing this. I guess at least a restore should fix it.

oh: does she have some jailbreak apps installed? like winterboard or intelliscreen or something like that? I could imagine some app causing that.

thanks alot bro !!

she doesnt use a 3rd party docking station... she does have winterboard installed of cause becuse of the themes and stuff... could it be the phone it self? because she puts the phone in her back pocket and when she sits down cant it brake the phone??

Quote Originally Posted by sniperxxx View Post
    thanks alot bro !!

she doesnt use a 3rd party docking station... she does have winterboard installed of cause becuse of the themes and stuff... could it be the phone it self? because she puts the phone in her back pocket and when she sits down cant it brake the phone??
    I wouldn't sit on the iphone. but I doubt that's the reason for this. I really think this is a software issue. She might want to try uninstalling winterboard or deactivating the winterboard theme she currently uses, that probably helps.