Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any known iPhone 3GS defects?

Default Any known iPhone 3GS defects?
    Well I dropped my iPhone 3GS for the first time today and I am devastated. Now I have scratches on my phone and I can't stand to look at it anymore. So I was wondering if there are any common defects on the iPhone 3GS that I can try to get Apple to replace my iPhone.

I was thinking since the iphone 3g had so many defects (cracks, discoloration of screen, light bleed, etc) maybe the iphone 3gs has some too...

if anyone has an idea help me out

I know i know... you're gonna be like you are ******* picky and anal about your iphone... and like why should apple pay for my mistakes...
    Last edited by CMPLX; 2009-08-22 at 09:40 AM.

hahaha thank you!

Thanks

Lol did u damage it bad then? Just buy a case then u won't have to look at body and protect against further damage

Haha it's bot a bad scratch or anything it's more like a dent... Between the chrome and body. Yea I got my contour fusion back on it again. doesn't look too bad buti still want a new phone.

Thanks

Oh k, well I would not change it yet anyway, I changed my 3g when I had it almost a year i also dropped mine a few days after buying it( because somehow got dust under the screen (Hint) lol

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

You are going to have a hard time getting any warranty exchange from Apple if there is a dent from dropping it.

The rattle problem with the camera's autofocues or a loose silent switch are common, both of which will get you a new phone

i might try the rattle... as for the dent its not that bad... i just need to find some elaborate plan to minimize the damage...

I got mine replaced for having a loose silent switch, although mine was only scratched a little you shouldn't have a problem if the dent isn't too bad

thanks. i'm not sure if i have a silent switch...

as for apple as long as the chrome and plastic are not separated then my warranty is still valid... except my kinda separated a little bit like... 1/10 of a mm... hopefully they wont catch it...