Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 87.50%
  • No

1 12.50%
  • Already knew

0 0%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to disable Mobile Substrate Add-ons while on Safe Mode

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Lightbulb How to disable Mobile Substrate Add-ons while on Safe Mode
    When you're on safe mode due to a buggy MobileSubstrate Add-on, SBSettings is disabled too, so there's no way to disable a particular add-on or all of them.

So I found that you can disable whatever add-on you want using iFile or whatever File Browser.

You need to go to /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/ there you will find all the add-ons named xxxxx.dylib for the enabled ones and xxxxx.disabled for the disabled ones

So you only need to rename the suspicious add-on to xxxxx.disabled in order to disable it

And Viola! you just re-spring and the add-on won't mess again

Hope this helps someone, cause I didn't find anything about this on the Web

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chuchomtz For This Useful Post:

infamousmikehawk (2011-04-06), shaneocybin (2011-04-03), Ste_Moore01 (2011-03-01)

Thanks, but I dont understand why you would need to do this? Or Im missing something.

If your phone goes into safemode, all you have to do is reboot it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The problem is if you reboot your iPhone, and the buggy Add-on still triggers the Safe Mode

Makes sense, luckily Ive never ran into that issue, reboot with an immediate safe mode crash. Usually I can reboot and then disable whatever I need to in Sbsettings before another crash

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    That happend to me with notifier, after uninstalling the Supreme Preferences of terror!

Supreme Preferences = Boo.

Thx it's really useful......

After questioning myself if I should just throw my phone out the window or not about 2012 times, I came across this post from 2 years ago to finally fix my problem. Thank you endlessly.

on behalf of whats left of my sanity i wish to thank you from the bottom of whatever is in the place of the heart thingie. I was almost about to just say screw it and start fresh but your tip saved me all that hassle. Thanks!!!!!!