Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Fix for "No Wifi" Solutions Only please.

Question No Fix for "No Wifi" Solutions Only please.
    Hi, this my 2nd iPhone 2G ,i have unlocked for T-mobile, the first one [mine] works great, calls' text, edge, wifi, emails everything. The next one [my wifes] calls, texts, everything except Wi-fi!, Which if she doesnt have edge cant use emails, google maps, app store, emails EVERYTHING!,

So I've searched mmi, youtube, google, yahoo, and so many different threads. If anyone has a solution to this please post it , a step by step video or write up works just as good.

Thanks, lets find a solution for this Giant Issue!!

Try resetting your network settings
    iPhone 4
    Firmware : iOS4
    Carrier : Softbank (Japan)
    Jailbroken using Jailbreakme

if that doesn't help, restore and re-jailbreak. I have a 2G, i jailbroke it with redsnow and it works absolutly fine!

Thanks

Hmm, Your running into the same issue I had. Mine wouldn't find any wifi regardless if I was right next to my router. Suggesting NOT to use ZiPhone if that's what you used, It just screwed mine up. Red-snow could work, But than again, I tried iLiberty and the time and that still didn't fix it. IF You did (Just a scenario) Dropped it into some sort of water or water has been on it or somehow water was in this equation, Your stranded. Best scenario than- Sell the damn thing.
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^

maybe you can shed some light to the history of the phone like what firmware its on, how it was jailbroken etc
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    maybe you can shed some light to the history of the phone like what firmware its on, how it was jailbroken etc
    sorry,

yes its a 2G, running firmware 3.0 jailbroke using redsnow.

no water , where did that come into play ???

tried to do reset network settings, didnt do anything.

The wifi is greyed out meaning ... I cannot go into wifi at all.

hope this helps. thanks,.guys

bump
    Last edited by joshiFone; 2009-08-21 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

wifi is greyed out? is it like this before jailbreaking? the only reason i could think of that happening would be if there was issues with the hardware. i dont think you can disable wifi. you can turn it off but i dont think disable it. can you possibly upload a screenie?

Thanks

Do you have sbsettings? If so, try to toggle wifi off and on. Also try airplane mode off and then on. I'm just grasping at straws but this may work.

customer of mins has the same thing i searched for hours and only came across 2 things that can be causing it 1 hardware 2 corrupted baseband. she also has bluetooth unavailable... i was gonna try to downgrade to 2.2.1 and do a fresh restore on 2.2.1 then update to 3.0.1 in hopes of fixing it if that doesnt work i think another solution is to downgrade to 1.1.4 and use the wifi fix in iliberty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

My guess... hardware failure. When there's no other explanation and a restore doesn't fix it... it's hardware related.

if you are not able to get it working after a fresh restore without jailbreak, try taking it to apple to see what they say. if they say they cant help then so be it. if they can you may get if fixed for free so its always worth a shot. i have yet to pay for any repairs on my phones

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    if you are not able to get it working after a fresh restore without jailbreak, try taking it to apple to see what they say. if they say they cant help then so be it. if they can you may get if fixed for free so its always worth a shot. i have yet to pay for any repairs on my phones

I was thinking of doing this. I got a free itouch replacement before so i know they do have some honor in there warrenty. Can anyone send me the 2.2.1 firmware. maybe iliberty too.

thanks.

email [email protected]

yea my clients phone is the old school 16gb first gen and doubt its in warranty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

posted a vid on youtube heres the link.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxKsfbWIWZs[/ame]

anyone , bump
    Last edited by joshiFone; 2009-08-23 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

so can i assume that there is at the time no fix for this issue?

i guess so, wow apple has us beat. those P?HUCKERSS$$555555