Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Screen blinks by itself...draining battery

Default Screen blinks by itself...draining battery
    Hi

I have a problem with my iPhone 3.0.1. My screen turn on by itself for couple of seconds while on sleep mode and then turn off. I had same problem when I got 2.2.1 firmware and find some solution, but yesterday I updated to 3.0.1 and I lost a website link where there is a fix for my problem.

Can anybody help...I don't know how long my battery will last

this sounds pretty strange.
    are you sure it's not lightening up because of a popup. for example, on 3.0 my screen was lightening up a lot because I constantly got the goddamn "network lost" popup. Got rid of that thanks to popup blocker though.

and are you sure that you're lock and home button isn't damaged in some way? because if you are experienced this on TWO firmware versions it sounds like a hardware bug to me.

got it work...the problem that I've got is a connector shorting somehow. Before on firmware 2.2.1 I got messege "This application is not Compatible with your iphone". On firmware 3.0.1 just screen turn on and off.

If somebody have same problem check out this link [ame]http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=7901100&postcount=238[/ame]
    Last edited by neveti; 2009-08-20 at 04:59 PM.