Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Randomly DIED! :\ help...

Default iPhone Randomly DIED! :\ help...
    Here's the situation.

Last night after reading a text I put my iPhone back into my pocket. Next thing I know it's not turning on. I did the hard reset (holding down home + power button), that didn't work. I waited for about an hour and tried again and nothing. So it's still not coming on today no matter what I try. I even set it in DFU mode and the computer and iTunes recognized it, but when I tried to restore I get "iTunes: Restore error 1601".

This has happened to me before and for some weird reason after a few days I mess around with it and it randomly turns on, but any ideas on what else I can try?

iPhone OS 3.0 jailbroken. AT&T.

Well does anyone have any ideas? Now it seems as if randomly comes on, but then randomly turns off when it wants to. Should I just restore it to factory and see if that fixes the glitch?
    Last edited by jfontestad; 2009-08-20 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Sounds like maybe a Glitch or something happened. I had some issues with my iPhone on 1.1.4 and it doing a thing where it would just freeze up on "Slide to Unlock" and you had to do a hard reset like 20 times for it to work. Just try restoring it, Can't be the worst thing to happen.
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

I would do a factory restore. I had the same issue with the 1601 code. You can either remove EVERYTHING that is Apple on your computer regarding iTunes and re-install. Which means shutting your computer off after each item is uninstalled. See instructions on the Itunes website. Or you can use another computer that you have not synched with and do the full factory restore there. I have had to do this with my phone as well as some friends. Hope this helps.