Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with screen on iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help with screen on iphone
    I have a jailbroken iphone with the software version 3.0. The screen wont flip when i turn the phone. The keyboard wont turn into landscape. The phone will just stay, it wont flip to landscape. I try resetting the phone and turning it on and off but nothing. I plugged it in to itunes and that didn't work. It worked last time but its didn't this time. How do i fix this problem?

When was the last time if worked? is it possible that the accelerometer broke inside the phone? Have you dropped the phone recently?

I'd try a full DFU restore back to stock, just to make sure it has nothing to do with being jailbroken, or any non-apple apps.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

I would try restoring it. Also make sure you dont have anything like "rotation inhibitor" installed which keeps it from flipping.

If it doesnt flip AT ALL, also try playing a racing game or something that uses the accelerometer to steer the car (when you tilt the phone it turns the car)....if the game wont play right either....

Then it could very well be a hardware issue with the accelerometer.

EDIT; BabyBlue's post hit just before mine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just played top gun and i was on youtube and both of them flip. Top gun played perfectly, the plane moved as i turned the phone. So i dont think its a hardware. I cant restore it because its jailbroken and i dont remember how to re break it because i bought it jailbroken. The last time the screen worked was like a couple weeks ago after i got someone to update it to 3.0. Then is stopped like a day or two after the update.

so its definitely software related...

your going to have to dfu restore to fix it...

if you don't need the unlock, just restore in itunes, you won't be jailbroken anymore, but at least your phone will work.

if you need the unlock, follow a tutorial on here about jailbreaking and unlocking a phone, its very simple
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i need it unlock because i am using it with tmobile. Is there a way that i can restore it without it locking back up?

Quote Originally Posted by ursnkb8 View Post
    i need it unlock because i am using it with tmobile. Is there a way that i can restore it without it locking back up?
    nope, are you on windows, or osx?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am using windows vista home premium

whenever you get a free 30 minutes, your going to have to rejailbreak...

DFU restore back to stock firmware
    visit iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.0 Using RedSn0w (Windows) for information on how to jailbreak
    add the ultrasnow repo, download ultrasnow
    done

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

ursnkb8 (2009-08-19)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok thank you