Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone No Data Plan Issue

Default iPhone No Data Plan Issue
    Hello. I was given a 2g iPhone from a friend a year ago. I unlocked it so that I could use it with my ATT sim card without the data plan. 90% of my day is around wifi so I didn't have a need for the data plan. I've been using it for over a year without issue but today I received the following text from ATT. "We need your help regarding your iPhone account. Your iPhone does not currently have the necessary data plan required for all iPhones. Please call us by Sept. 14. Just dial 611. We appreciate your business."

Has anyone recieved this and how did you proceed? I love my iPhone but I don't need the data plan. What would happen if I did nothing? Thanks in advance for helping.

obviously just do nothing.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

I did got the same text, I actually called right away and what costumer service told me blow me away, I was told that my device was going to be render inoperable if I didn't get the data plan, in a few words they want to push me to pay for a data plan that I don't need/use.
    I'm very happy with using WiFi for my data needs but AT&T is not happy about it.

Do anyone have any idea on how I can get around this issue? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by splashwerks View Post
    Do anyone have any idea on how I can get around this issue? Thanks.
    whats the issue?
    att sent you a text to get data, you don't want data, you do nothing.

hopefully they wont cut your account off on sept. 15th lol

Do you have another phone possibly? maybe you could swap sims, call them up, and say that you don't want data, i'm on a freakin *insert POS phone name here*.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

I got this too this morning. I think they just sent it to a ton of people without the plan. I doubt it's anything to worry about, but I guess we'll see.