Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sending pics thru text?

Default sending pics thru text?
    hey how would i be able to send a pic to a friend where it doesnt come out to be a link to load the pic, its already ready to view off the person's phone?

i thought i remember hearing you would be able to send pics thru text with the 3.0 verson?

you can send MMS in 3.0, but depending on your carrier there may be several steps involved:

1. if you have an iPhone 2G, you need to install "mmsactivate2G" (or something like that, just search for mms in cydia)
    2. if you still can't send mms (go to your "messages" app and see if there is a little camera next to the textfield inside a conversation) then you have to enter your carriers mms information in settings > general > network > cellular data network. you can find a lot of mms settings if you visit help.benm.at from your iphone (not your pc!). scroll down a little there will be a link "MMS Settings" or something

oh btw: you can still not send pics through text (otherwise it wouldn't be called ->TEXT<- message). you send an MMS, which is often much more expensive than a text message!
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2009-08-18 at 11:50 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone alohawaii's Avatar
    Thanks

Use the search function provided by the forum and type "MMS 2g 3.0"

From there, there's a thread that will give you step by step instructions on how to get MMS on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by alohawaii View Post
    Use the search function provided by the forum and type "MMS 2g 3.0"

From there, there's a thread that will give you step by step instructions on how to get MMS on your phone.
    I just posted a step by step instruction! I mean ... 2 steps only, but steps nonetheless