Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone not charging after car charger

Default iPhone not charging after car charger
    Hello. I have an unlocked iPhone 2g 8gb on T-mobile. Here's the problem... I had my iphone charging in my car the other night and this error came up that said "this accessory is not designed for the iPhone do you want to go into airplane mode..." so i unplugged the charger and said no, however, the error kept coming on after unplugging it.

when i got home i connected it to my mac and it didn't charge and the mac didnt recognize it. I plugged an itouch into it and charged fine, and i took the phone to the hac store and those docks didnt recognize it either.

Im hoping that the solution is just a new docking ribbon cable, which i ordered, the phone was working fine besides the error and eventually the battery running out. Please contribute some thoughts on my matter i would value the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Blake View Post
    Hello. I have an unlocked iPhone 2g 8gb on T-mobile. Here's the problem... I had my iphone charging in my car the other night and this error came up that said "this accessory is not designed for the iPhone do you want to go into airplane mode..." so i unplugged the charger and said no, however, the error kept coming on after unplugging it.

when i got home i connected it to my mac and it didn't charge and the mac didnt recognize it. I plugged an itouch into it and charged fine, and i took the phone to the hac store and those docks didnt recognize it either.

Im hoping that the solution is just a new docking ribbon cable, which i ordered, the phone was working fine besides the error and eventually the battery running out. Please contribute some thoughts on my matter i would value the input.
    try to get your phone into DFU mode, it should be recognized by itunes. then get out of dfu mode. see if it works now. If it still doesn't sync, but did get into DFU mode, then restore.

If it doesn't even get into dfu mode, then it MAY be the ribbon cable, but plugging the phone into a charger thats not ment for the phone, shouldn't physically hurt the device.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!