Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS batt acting werid!?

Thanks

Default 3GS batt acting werid!?
    So I had my 3GS like 2 months now Ive restored it push off only on email that's set to 1hour I have 3 emails..

My werid batt problem is that it seems to suck batt quick and charge quick too..right now I was at 14% and I charge it for like less then 6 mins and it's already at 25% I didn't get this before..that right there would of took like more than 12min or so to get to 25%...

Is my batt crapping out or what?

To me it seems to suck up the batts faster then it use to.. I don't know but I'll drain my batts and charge it and use it like I always do..
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

I have the exact same issues. havn't found a solution so far though, I believe it might be a hardware issue. when I travel to london in 3 weeks (bought the phone in the UK, but using it in germany) I will visit the apple store, let them check the battery and probably get a replacement phone. I'm doing all kind of testing right now to maybe determine the source of the sucky battery life, but so far it seems to be a hardware issue.

Thanks

Your on 3.0.1 right? And did jailbreak and restore?

I tried almost everything ... I tried 3.0, I tried 3.0.1, I tried jailbroken and unjailbroken ... it doesn't really matter.

I have to say that my battery indicator suddenly got more stable after about a week of usage. I plugged my iphone in and it jumped from 10% to 90% in a second, since then the battery indicator is more reliable. Before it would jump around a lot (from 30 to 60, back to 40, stuff like that). Still my battery sucks (20h of standby) ... so I guess it's still a hardware issue.
    I, of course, restored numerous times btw. Will do so in a few hours and do a final battery test.

oh, and it SEEMED to me that 3.0.1 makes the battery indicator even more unreliable, even though it's not perfect on 3.0 as well ... maybe you give 3.0 a shot

you guys are both restoring as new phones right?
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

I have similar prob i put it down too 3.0 i used 2.2 perfectly but we jus get tempted by these new os's i i downloaded a app battpro allows u to recalibrate them thus allowing longer charge time =longer standby

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    you guys are both restoring as new phones right?
    yeah. freshly restored iphone, not from backup, even not jailbroken has a standby time never over 30 hours. and I really mean STANDBY. my friends all have standby times of around 3-6 days even thought they use push and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by fattyindoors View Post
    I have similar prob i put it down too 3.0 i used 2.2 perfectly but we jus get tempted by these new os's i i downloaded a app battpro allows u to recalibrate them thus allowing longer charge time =longer standby
    where did you get that app? I couldn't find it in cydia. sounds interesting but also dangerous.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

battpro? Never heard of it. Sounds interesting

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    yeah. freshly restored iphone, not from backup, even not jailbroken has a standby time never over 30 hours. and I really mean STANDBY. my friends all have standby times of around 3-6 days even thought they use push and everything.

where did you get that app? I couldn't find it in cydia. sounds interesting but also dangerous.
    If your not even jailbroken, and your having serious battery issues, just visit apple, they wont have a problem replacing your device.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    If your not even jailbroken, and your having serious battery issues, just visit apple, they wont have a problem replacing your device.
    problem is that it's not "just" in my case. I bought the phone in the UK because there you can get it with a prepaid card. but I live in germany, so I jailbroke and unlocked it and put my german sim card in it. problem is that iphones bought in the UK can only get replaced in the UK. I called one of the (rare!) apple stores in germany and they said they can't give me any support at all for non-german iphones, not even a simple check if my battery was ok. same goes for appleCare. the hotline was very friendly but when it came to replacing the phone I needed a adress in the UK.

I will travel to london in about 3 weeks though, will take a freshly restored phone with me and put my UK prepaid sim card in it and get a replacement phone.

Thanks

They will replace it with out any problems

Thanks

It's jumpping around..I just killed my batt then charge it waited for it to boot up and it was a 5% and said the warring sign 10% and right now I'm at 9%

Oh and yes I restore as new phone..

Btw just wondering if I do go and get it replace..I have a black one can I get a white instead? Not that I will just wondering..
    Last edited by pacmac; 2009-08-17 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

^ I think it's karma for all your emoji attacks



Thanks

... Wait no emoji spaming in iPhone threads ..

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    It's jumpping around..I just killed my batt then charge it waited for it to boot up and it was a 5% and said the warring sign 10% and right now I'm at 9%

Oh and yes I restore as new phone..

Btw just wondering if I do go and get it replace..I have a black one can I get a white instead? Not that I will just wondering..
    Be sure to let your phone have at least one day or night, while the battery is completely dead. I usually just let my ipod play really loud, under some pillows, in another room. walk by every once in awhile for the music to stop, then i usually give it another hour or so, so it can kill the rest of the battery thats supplying that red battery icon. Then just plug it in, and leave it alone completely for a full 6-8 hours (basically a full night sleep + breakfast).

I've never had any battery issues, it just seems to me that you are playing with your phone, as its charging, giving the phone a really hard time trying to figure out exactly how much battery is in there, how much is being put in, how much is being taken out, is it charing at 86% full power, or 93% pull power, or 46.39% power, etc. etc. just let it charge with 100% dedicated power towards the charge, for an extended period of time.