Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS icon problem still here.

Default 3GS icon problem still here.
    Just a little background in case you haven't heard. The 3GS is having problems with mixing up and overwriting icons. It comes and goes at random and I have been trying to find a fix since I got the phone.

I still haven't been able to fix this icon problem. It's always the same icons that are overwriting my stock icons (a couple of cydia apps that I no longer have: 123spoof and something else). The only way I have been able to fix the icons is by uninstalling the app and reinstalling. Someone suggested this as a fix: start downloading any app from the appstore and then pause the download, then reboot. That didnt work. So then I searched around the file system through SSH to see if there were any left over folders from those cydia apps that I no longer had, I couldn't find anything. I don't even understand how the icons of apps that are no longer anywhere on the phone, are making it on my home screen.

And now this morning the most odd things yet. I woke up and HALF of one of my icons was being over written by 123spoof. Below is a pic. Has anyone figured out this annoying problem yet?

well, I personally don't suffer this problem, but I read numerous people are doing so. My personal guess would be that it's a bug in 3.0(.1) and you can't do nothing more than wait it out.

do you have winterboard installed? that's the only thing I could imagine that causes this for some reason.

You COULD try restoring, only syncing over appStore apps and see if it still happens. if it doesn't, one of your cydia apps is causing it.
    but of course this would be a pain ^^

Thanks

I have (2) 3Gs's and neither has this issue...

Im running 3.0.1 and I do not have winterboard installed. I have very minimal Cydia apps installed so I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    I have (2) 3Gs's and neither has this issue...

Are they Jailbroken?

I think its a compatibility issue with some Cydia apps. They just don't install/uninstall properly.
    Last edited by seh6183; 2009-08-17 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had this problem before i jailbroke my 3Gs, the exact thing you describe was happening, i even phoned apple. Since i jailbroke, however, i have not seen this happen once, very strange.

Because of this i do not believe the problem is from jailbreaking but in the 3.0 OS itself.

No doubt i will see this problem again now that i have replied here, lol

Have you heard of any 3G users reporting this?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

It happened to me only once

Did you just restore and it went away or what?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

It happened right after I jailbroke. All I did was reset the phone and I never had the problem after that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Im running 3.0.1 and I do not have winterboard installed. I have very minimal Cydia apps installed so I don't know

Are they Jailbroken?

I think its a compatibility issue with some Cydia apps. They just don't install/uninstall properly.

Yes, both are jailbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Just a little background in case you haven't heard. The 3GS is having problems with mixing up and overwriting icons. It comes and goes at random and I have been trying to find a fix since I got the phone.

I still haven't been able to fix this icon problem. It's always the same icons that are overwriting my stock icons (a couple of cydia apps that I no longer have: 123spoof and something else). The only way I have been able to fix the icons is by uninstalling the app and reinstalling. Someone suggested this as a fix: start downloading any app from the appstore and then pause the download, then reboot. That didnt work. So then I searched around the file system through SSH to see if there were any left over folders from those cydia apps that I no longer had, I couldn't find anything. I don't even understand how the icons of apps that are no longer anywhere on the phone, are making it on my home screen.

And now this morning the most odd things yet. I woke up and HALF of one of my icons was being over written by 123spoof. Below is a pic. Has anyone figured out this annoying problem yet?

123spoof no longer exists SpoofCard sued them for trademark infrigement, SpoofCard which has been around longer though has an app.