Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring iphone backup

Default Restoring iphone backup
    hi,

i had my iphone stolen. and i have a backup of my iphone on my computer that itunes took.

can i restore my new iphone with that backup? and if so, how?

many many thanks!!

first post btw! looking forward to learning more and trying to help out when i can.

cheers,

stackz

In iTunes just restore from backup - no problem provided you are on the same FW. What FW was your stolen phone on?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Then you should be OK if the new one is on 3.0 or 3.01 - if it's not then just upgrade first before restoring
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Do you know where the backup is stored? I would like to reformat my PC while waiting for my new iphone, but I can't find the restoration file to backup before reformatting.

Any ideas?

I really don't know - can't your reformat wait?
    Otherwise Google should help.

lol true story.. that's usually what i tell people with stupid questions "google knows the answer"

thanks for the help though! the format can wait yes, but am not finding any good iphone buys right now.

thanks again!

Green Apple
    Thanks

i'm not at home now to check for sure but i think it is somewhere under My Documents/iTunes