Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4gb 1st gen

Question iphone 4gb 1st gen
    i have just got a hold of the smaller jesus phone but it says it has been unlocked and jailbroke but my question is if u or anyone u know has or had one of the 4gb 1st gen and if you liked them. im new with this stuff so is there a way to upgrade the 1st gen to a 2nd or how does that work. next question is t mobile better than at&t for the unlocked iphone like on price and quality service. and one last one i just purchased a rebel turbo sim and am wondering if it works good if you have tried one.
    so any input appreciated hope i put this in the right forum sect.

Well if you have the 1st gen, you cant just upgrade. You would have to go to AT&T and get a 3G plan instead of an EDGE plan. And I cant speak for experience with network, but with AT&T, you can just upgrade whenenver you feel like. If you have T-Mobile, you will have to wait for an unlock until you would be able use your phone on the new firmware...

Also, if you have a first gen, there's no need for a turbo-sim. The phone unlock is very stable.

well i dont have any sim card right now so i had to get one and for now i didnt wont a phone plan i just wanted it for the other stuff. the phone when i turn it on says insert sim card to activate so is it true that if i have a sim in the phone it will activate and i can use everything besides the phone.
    sorry if im unclear just say if i am i would like to figure this stuff out

also to clarify i bought this on ebay and it had no plan no sim and said it was unlocked and jailbroke.
    Last edited by lil sin; 2009-08-15 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you hactivate/jailbreak it, you won't have to have a sim card in the phone for it to work with everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by lil sin View Post
    well i dont have any sim card right now so i had to get one and for now i didnt wont a phone plan i just wanted it for the other stuff. the phone when i turn it on says insert sim card to activate so is it true that if i have a sim in the phone it will activate and i can use everything besides the phone.
    sorry if im unclear just say if i am i would like to figure this stuff out

also to clarify i bought this on ebay and it had no plan no sim and said it was unlocked and jailbroke.
    Research a little bit on google and iclarified, about redsn0w, and jailbreaking a 2g iphone. Basically your going to want to hackivate your phone, which will get you past that insert sim screen, and you will basically have an ipod touch, or an iphone without service.

then you buy a prepaid phone, or start a service with anyone that offers service with a SIM card. If internet speed is a huge importance to you, att is the best choice, if you live in the states. I still rather use tmobile, save about 60 dollars compared to my friends similar att plans, just have slightly slower internet speeds, can still get the same information, just takes me 15 seconds to find out something instead of 6.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

thanks for all your help on phone plans and hacking when it comes to tech im brain dead.