Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS Problem

Default SMS Problem
    Hi.I'm using an unlocked 3GS on 3.0.1 firmware and with my network I have unlimited data but SMS, calls, etc are prepaid.

Here's the problem: Whenever I respring my phone or wake it up I get charged for a SMS message. I'll press the home button to wake it and I get an alert saying I've been charged for a text that I haven't set, the same happens when I respring. I've never sent or received a text message with this phone and being charged for one is a pain in the ***.

I've already tried restoring it and I still have the same problem. Any idea whats wrong?

Hey guys, I restored again and didn't install Winterboard after I jailbroke it and the problems gone. Any idea why Winterboard would make something like that happen?
    Last edited by Slone; 2009-08-15 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone sTrAnGe mOdS's Avatar
    Thanks

if you have unlimited it cant charge you for it. if you want to get rid of those popups, install "Supreme Preferences 3.0" from cydia. It has a toggle to remove those popups. (Thats what i did. that used to happen on mine and i accidentally discovered this) tell me if it works for you

Quote Originally Posted by sTrAnGe mOdS View Post
    if you have unlimited it cant charge you for it. if you want to get rid of those popups, install "Supreme Preferences 3.0" from cydia. It has a toggle to remove those popups. (Thats what i did. that used to happen on mine and i accidentally discovered this) tell me if it works for you
    Thanks, I'll give it a try

iPhone? More like MyPhone sTrAnGe mOdS's Avatar
    Thanks

oh and btw heres where the toggle is:
    Settings.app/Supreme Prefs/Applications/Phone/
    ("Alerts" is what needs to be switched off)

Unlimited data is not the same as unlimited SMS.

What winterboard themes did you have?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Unlimited data is not the same as unlimited SMS.

What winterboard themes did you have?
    I was using Bluuf.

I found the problem: My provider doesn't support visual voicemail so I'm being charged for ghost SMSs.

Can someone tell me what to edit out of my carrier's plist file to disable visual voicemail so I stop getting charged?