Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Charging iphone bug

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Charging iphone bug
    Anyone have this happen to their iphone? The phone stop charging but the battery is not full. It does this whenever I use the phone while it is charging. Of course, it maybe still doing it if I am not using it. I noticed sometimes the phone is pretty hot when I unplug the phone after a night's charge.

I have a 3G 3.0, JB & unlock.

This may help, use it until the battery just completely cuts out at 0% then plug it back, apparently that re-syncs the battery or something like that

Thanks

^Yes, cycling the battery may help. Just don't do that all the time...
    Respect your elders.

as far as the heat part is concerned make sure your screen is not turning on alot. that is what seems to cause heat issues with my phone.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Check this..
    if you are running 3.0 and have beejive of Ebuddy of IM+ and their Push is enabled...that is going to drain your Battery even While its charing...Its neveer going to get fully charged.
    You have to put your Messenger programs to EXIT when you press home button...otherwise it will keep try getting online...
    That also count for your other PUSH APPS...turn the PUSh of the APP it self to OFF..

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I have drained the battery down to zero and have recharged it again. However, it is still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by duceduc View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I have drained the battery down to zero and have recharged it again. However, it is still the same.
    This was happening in my car.

It wound up being a bad cable. and the messed up part about it, the cable i was using in the car was the the cable that came with my 3g, yet the cable from my old school nano charged the phone perfectly.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

It is happening to two different cables.

If you could make it reenact the situation, i would take it to the apple store. Sure enough though it will charge as it should once you get into the apple store lol.

But seriously, if this is a real issue, something is physically probably wrong with your phone. (one of the contacts on the charger is probably a little loose) The only other thing i would try if you didn't want to make it all the way to the apple store, is to borrow another friends iphone, and see if their's charges fine with the same cables that are making you phone not charge properly. If all goes well, see if your friend is willing to come with you to the apple store, bring your cable, plug your iphone into an imac, then your friends, and ask one of the mac people why does my phone show this icon, when his phone is clearly charging properly.

Also you might want backup your phone, and restore it to stock before you go. I dunno if they check or not, but i always restored before getting another phone. (also check one more time, to make sure the battery bug has nothing to do with the jailbreak)
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

I have a 1G iphone that is not doing it with the same cable. I just might take it in after tinkering it some more. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I get this when charging my iPhone through my laptop and using tethering. I've noticed that it charges fine untill it get fairly hot then I get the same battery icon you do. After a short while it starts charging again. I alwas thought this was a safety "cut out" to stop the battery getting to hot. I've noticed when I put it on the windowsill to let it cool down (lol) I don't get the no charging icon